Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392551 02/28/10 12:39 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I'm starting off with a blue moon. May have to make myself a Black & Tan next though.

Don't get me started on Black & Tans...seriously I cant seem to stop with those dern things

Re: SIP & TALK [Re: Jroden5446] #392552 02/28/10 12:40 AM
MonkeyBomb Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I would love to go to Mardi Gras once. But I can't stand crowds. I think my head might explode. It may be worth it to go just once though.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392553 02/28/10 12:42 AM
MonkeyBomb Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I usually stop drinking Black & Tans when I can no longer pour them correctly...........LOL makes it a bit easier to stop.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392554 02/28/10 12:42 AM
Jroden5446 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I would love to go to Mardi Gras once. But I can't stand crowds. I think my head might explode. It may be worth it to go just once though.

It is, I HATE crowds, its worth going to once

JYD#107/JorDog. BAD WOLF
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392555 02/28/10 12:43 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I think the last good road trip I had was this past fall. My old partner and I took the ten hour drive down to Texas to hunt hogs. It was a great trip. Saw alot of interesting things on the trip down. We saw flocks of turkeys, a few bald eagles, Elk, Antelope, Armadillos, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Hogs and the shortest cotton I have ever seen.

It was nice to catch up on old times. We had a blast and managed to get three hogs each. It was really fun walking the creek beds flushing those beasts out and busting through the briars.

The trip back was a bit less leisurely travelling at night through a snow storm.

Got a freezer full of pork and a plan to do it again this year.

Oh man, hog hunting that is the life.

Joke for ya...do you know why the possuium crossed the raod...to prove to the armdilllo that it could be done

Great story

Re: SIP & TALK [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392556 02/28/10 12:45 AM
Spider-Pig Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
My wife and I were flying from Honolulu to Brownsville Texas and during the landing the kid sitting in front of me threw up so hard that it hit the seat in front of him and splashed back and got a little on me, got some in my mouth, orange juice. When his dad tried to catch it with a barf bag it just sprayed everywhere like a fire sprinkler.

All of my road trip stories seem to involve vomit.

USMC 1997-2002. 6173 CH-53D Sea Stallion Helicopter Crew Chief and Flightline Mechanic. Semper Fi!

"Be still, Taggart!"
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: Jroden5446] #392557 02/28/10 12:45 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Flew to Atlanta and drove from there to New Orleans for Mardi Gras with some friends a few years ago, nothing happened on the trip itself, but Mardi Gras was a blast and a half

I have never bee to Mardi Gras but I have been to New Orleans a lot and I can not even imagine what that must be like

It is one of those things I think everyone should experience, at least once, it was amazing, the mass of humanity that packs that street

I had a dinner meeting there once and our host took us over to Brenans I think it was...really good. On the way back she decide to take us on a short cut through some back alleys...wow there is a seedy side of New Orleans no one should be exposed too

Re: SIP & TALK [Re: Spider-Pig] #392558 02/28/10 12:45 AM
Jroden5446 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I was taking a trip to the coast with my cousin when I lived in California. I was doing about 70 through the mountains when a flock of California quail flew out of a juniper on the side of the road and flew right in front of me. I hit every one of those suckers. There was quail guts all over the front of my F-150. And some how one of them got into the engine compartment and the smell of it cooking on the exhaust manifold caused my cousin to start throwing up all over the place. Good thing we were already pulled over by then.

I'm drinking Jack on the rocks.

This story literally made me LOL, good one

JYD#107/JorDog. BAD WOLF
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: MonkeyBomb] #392559 02/28/10 12:45 AM
Pvt.snoballz Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
hey guys, just got home, foot long philly cheesesteak and a rum and coke :]

life is good.

lol

Dan, may we ask about regulator stuff? no shenanigans i promise

JYD 110
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: Dumpster Dan] #392560 02/28/10 12:47 AM
Jroden5446 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Flew to Atlanta and drove from there to New Orleans for Mardi Gras with some friends a few years ago, nothing happened on the trip itself, but Mardi Gras was a blast and a half

I have never bee to Mardi Gras but I have been to New Orleans a lot and I can not even imagine what that must be like

It is one of those things I think everyone should experience, at least once, it was amazing, the mass of humanity that packs that street

I had a dinner meeting there once and our host took us over to Brenans I think it was...really good. On the way back she decide to take us on a short cut through some back alleys...wow there is a seedy side of New Orleans no one should be exposed too

Oh yeah, one of the night, after we left Bourdan street, driving to where we were staying, got lost in the area, just outside the French Quarter, Whoooo, lets just say, I'm glad we found a cop to follow till we left there

JYD#107/JorDog. BAD WOLF
Re: SIP & TALK [Re: Jroden5446] #392561 02/28/10 12:48 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I was taking a trip to the coast with my cousin when I lived in California. I was doing about 70 through the mountains when a flock of California quail flew out of a juniper on the side of the road and flew right in front of me. I hit every one of those suckers. There was quail guts all over the front of my F-150. And some how one of them got into the engine compartment and the smell of it cooking on the exhaust manifold caused my cousin to start throwing up all over the place. Good thing we were already pulled over by then.

I'm drinking Jack on the rocks.

This story literally made me LOL, good one

Now that is something I have never done.........gone quail hunting with a pick up LOL...that is a story to remember

Re: SIP & TALK [Re: Jroden5446] #392562 02/28/10 12:48 AM
myketheknife Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
When I was in the Marines out in NC,my room mate and I drove up to DC and took our 10 speed bikes.It was so cool riding around on bikes.We went to the Smithsonian,Washington Monument,Lincoln memorial and all points between.Just beeing amongst all the history was so awesome.
Then that night we saw Terrible Ted Nugent in concert.Blackfoot opened.
Great memories.
I'v seen Ted in Washington St.& DC

SYKCO JYD#112
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it.
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16