Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: coyotebc] #560192 12/19/10 07:03 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Woodlander. My meaning was that they use the same TYPE of steel, a modified 52100 ball bearing steel and the same TYPE of steel they make jack hammer bits out of. They then do their magic heat treat (rumor has it that Dan has bribed some sugar plum faries) and the knives are tough! Now as for why the "BIG" companies don't do this same thing, MAYBE they haven't hit on the right formula yet or/probably it would be to cost prohibitave. Don't really know for sure, Dan and Jerry don't talk about their process much, and I can't say as I blame them. If you got something that works and no one else does, why give it away.

Just my two cents and hope it helps. If anyone else has better/more info, jump right in.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: SkunkHunter] #560193 12/19/10 09:37 AM
W
Woodlander Offline
Pound Puppy
Pound Puppy
W
Thanks a lot for the info Randy. I wouldn't share the winning formulas either...

I will most likely try to get one of those Mud Puppy LE (154CM) and blow my friend knifemaker away with some amazing demonstrations!

He uses ATS-34 (154CM's twin) and he knows how brittle these kind of martensitic SS at such high hardness can be, so he will be extremely amazed like me how tough the SY are! Even for a non-SS blade, what Myke did on the square tubing would be very impressive!

You (I think it was you?) said that the Busse Forum on BF was a good place to find one... Do you know if BF still refuses registration with hotmail email?

Thanks to you too CoyoyeBC for the welcome!

Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: Woodlander] #560194 12/19/10 09:40 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I know BF exchange is a good source but there is another one as well. don't know about registration with them. I'll be right back with another possible source that requires nothing more than contacting the selling party.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: SkunkHunter] #560195 12/19/10 09:42 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Try this site out. It was started by a member here a while ago and just offers US another place to list blades. If you look at the sellers you will find out a lot of them (maybe most) are members here. Good luck on your quest!

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: SkunkHunter] #560196 12/19/10 07:37 PM
W
Woodlander Offline
Pound Puppy
Pound Puppy
W
Hi Randy!

Thanks a lot once more for your help!

Try this site out. It was started by a member here a while ago and just offers US another place to list blades. If you look at the sellers you will find out a lot of them (maybe most) are members here. Good luck on your quest!

I would definitely visit this site! Could you please give me its address?

Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: Woodlander] #560197 12/19/10 09:48 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Just click on what I posted (it's a link to the site). But here it is again.

http://naylorinternational.com/forum/index.php

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: SkunkHunter] #560198 12/19/10 10:14 PM
W
Woodlander Offline
Pound Puppy
Pound Puppy
W
Wow great!

I'm sorry, I didn't see you URLed your reply!

Thanks again!

Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: Woodlander] #560199 12/19/10 10:26 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
No sweat. Glad I was able to help.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: SkunkHunter] #560200 12/21/10 03:14 AM
El CacaFuego Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Woodlander. My meaning was that they use the same TYPE of steel, a modified 52100 ball bearing steel and the same TYPE of steel they make jack hammer bits out of. They then do their magic heat treat (rumor has it that Dan has bribed some sugar plum faries) and the knives are tough! Now as for why the "BIG" companies don't do this same thing, MAYBE they haven't hit on the right formula yet or/probably it would be to cost prohibitave. Don't really know for sure, Dan and Jerry don't talk about their process much, and I can't say as I blame them. If you got something that works and no one else does, why give it away.

Just my two cents and hope it helps. If anyone else has better/more info, jump right in.

I coulda sworn it was demons, and the blades are actually shipped to hell for the heat treat... At least that's what JJ said.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: El CacaFuego] #560201 12/21/10 03:18 AM
El CacaFuego Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Woodlander, I had no idea that BF was rejecting registrations that used hotmail, that's strange. I registered using my hotmail account and had no issued. You could perhaps email an admin, would be my suggestion, and see if they can't give you a work around, if you can email them at all. Sorry to hear of your troubles registering.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118
Re: Puppy love. PIC HEAVY! [Re: El CacaFuego] #560202 12/23/10 12:08 AM
W
Woodlander Offline
Pound Puppy
Pound Puppy
W
Hello!

Woodlander, I had no idea that BF was rejecting registrations that used hotmail, that's strange. I registered using my hotmail account and had no issued. You could perhaps email an admin, would be my suggestion, and see if they can't give you a work around, if you can email them at all. Sorry to hear of your troubles registering.

Well, it was many years ago, maybe this is not the case anymore. I'll try again since you had positive experience with your hotmail email.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4