Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any other Canadians pick up a War Dog or two? #580583 06/08/11 12:42 AM
Whiskey Kilo Offline OP
Mongrel
OP Offline
Mongrel
I am just curious because my first one arrived today. I have had many fine blades come across the border with no troubles from Canada Customs. But this one came with a nice $37 charge. I understand that you take your chances getting dinged by them but what i am confused about is that the Classification on the import form says "8211930000 knives-other then fixed blade"

Not really sure about that part? maybe they were able to fold it at Canada customs??lol

So anyone else north of the border get a charge this time around?

BTW This blade is nice really like it nice and light, I am going to have to wait for my tan one to figure out which goes in the safe and which goes on my belt.

Re: Any other Canadians pick up a War Dog or two? [Re: Whiskey Kilo] #580584 06/08/11 01:20 AM
stjones Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I recently participated in a "pass around" on another forum and was lucky enough to get a $90 fee to pick the knife up at the PO!!!!
I was furious but alas, what could I do?.

JYD #115
Re: Any other Canadians pick up a War Dog or two? [Re: stjones] #580585 06/08/11 01:28 AM
Whiskey Kilo Offline OP
Mongrel
OP Offline
Mongrel
Well ya i am going to pay the fee it happens (and i really want the knife), the part that has me stumped is the "other then fixed blade" classification. I wish the yard would have a folder, it would be in my pocket every day.

Perhaps its because Canada Post is striking in locations across Canada?