Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #769979 06/10/13 03:14 PM
Feldgrun Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by DogTired
Guns stay with my parents if they'll still let me borrow their basement wink

Why wouldn't the guns move with you? I guess it could it depend on where you're moving.

JYD #183
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #770008 06/10/13 10:36 PM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
OK thanks DT. But I figured with all the food storage you are supposed to have that "They" wouldn't move all that weight. I know when I was in the Air Force we were only allowed so much weight to ship. Anything over that (IF they would let you) you had to pay for and it wasn't cheap.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #770014 06/10/13 11:44 PM
DogTired Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Depends on where ya go. Not like we need to move furniture with us either wink

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #770318 06/11/13 09:31 PM
Feldgrun Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Food storage is mostly meant for a shelter-in-place scenario. However, if you've got to leave, refer to the Bug Out Vehicle post. wink

JYD #183
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780724 07/02/13 11:30 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I've become a-political and a-survival because everything I read, listened to, and studied supported the conclusion in DT's original post.

As a result, I've just tuned out politics and have been trying to live a clean God fearing back-to-basics life.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780725 07/02/13 11:32 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Apolitical

The state or quality of being apolitical can be the apathy and/or the antipathy towards all political affiliations.

Asurvival

The state or quality of espousing total apathy toward a survival mindset based upon circumstance or rational decision-making.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780726 07/02/13 11:36 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I've not been around the boards, because I'm pretty much done with survivalism. I figure if you're living an 1800's lifestyle then you're pretty much surviving anyway. This precludes the need to fear, heed, or otherwise care about other people's opinions, assertions, and/or issues that you cannot effect change over.

Stated differently:

If you live like a frontiersman who cares if XYZ happens? You're insulated from everything short of Nazi Germany style round-up and executions. If our government tries that crap - I suspect there will be a lot of dead jack-booted thugs because every bubba with a shotgun will be taking pot-shots at them.

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780730 07/02/13 01:43 PM
Feldgrun Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Lets hope it doesn't come to that - jack-booted thugs.

I think that we can all have a positive influence in the world, including in politics. If good people do nothing, and don't help to prevent stupid laws, then we're stuck with something we don't like or want.

JYD #183
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780733 07/02/13 03:30 PM
Rasmus Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
We can all have an influence.
However,I feel that I belong to a vast MINORITY, when it comes to changing the way things are going, here.

Where I come from, people think of me as a complete nutcase, for suggesting that I/we/man should have the right to defend one self with a weapon. All the while gangs from Eastern Europe are just stroling across our borders, ready to loot and rob at gun point.

Therefore, I feel that I have to start from rock bottom in a society that has been completely disarmed and completely dependant on decisions made by career politicians.
MOST Danish politicians haven't even had a day job, ever. They just graduated from lawschool, and then went for a career in politics.

So! You have to start with friends and relatives to get them thinking outside the box of "every day life".

Ok, just a short rant on how people here think differently than I.

Having only one pancake, leaves more room for bacon!

JYD#174

"Rasmutt"
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: Feldgrun] #780734 07/02/13 03:34 PM
Endeavour Morse Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Feldgrun
I think that we can all have a positive influence in the world, including in politics. If good people do nothing, and don't help to prevent stupid laws, then we're stuck with something we don't like or want.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

I'm well versed.

After years of failed attempts at educating people, personal involvement in politics (including board memberships in political action committees, rallies, speaking engagements, etc), countless books read trying to prepare myself for the "next" debate, etc I came to one harrowing conclusion: most people simply don't care as long as they have sports on TV and beer.

Panem et circenses!

However, I applaud those like yourself that still hold out hope over the crushing weight of our current apathy.

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780754 07/02/13 09:55 PM
Feldgrun Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Let's put it this way. There may not be a whole lot we can do about Washington. However, if you help to elect the local sheriff, knowing him to be a God-fearing man who respects the constitution, if/when Washington tells him to confiscate all of the guns in his area, I'd hope he'd "find" none, except perhaps some BB guns (which some may mistake for assault rifles). Or maybe he'll provide Washington a number of weapons "confiscated and destroyed, as instructed." wink

JYD #183
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780764 07/03/13 01:48 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Jared, there IS a "Movement" if you want to call it that throughout the country, where people vow "OK, it's probably the Rednecks Mostly" to keep GOD, GUTS, and COUNTRY uppermost.

GOD for strength and understand and the knowledge to do what is right.

GUTS To carry out, to actually DO what is correct

COUNTRY to preserve "Our" lifestyle, the Way folks should be toward each other.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17