Alright, worked on the Malaga tonight, but first some observations

This thing is NICE! IF you need a small 11.5 liter/700Cubic inch bag I recommend this one. It is surprisingly comfortable (filled it with about 8-10 pounds of stuff and wore it for about an hour and didn't have any discomfort at all (USE THE CROSS STRAP!) You can really cinch it down tight, PLUS if you position it low enough it has a velcro loop that you can wrap around your belt.

The cross strap buckle, where it attaches to the main strap has a small BUT LOUD whistle built in. Nice touch, but it's so loud it WILL hurt your ears.

The main strap is sewn to the top middle of the bag, NOT to one side as is common with a lot of the gearslinger or similar bags. This central location allows for wearing the strap over the right or left shoulder by merely clipping the bottom to the left or right bottom D ring. This is what sold me on the Malaga (along with the size).

It has good padding along the bottom portion (which also doubles as a CCW pouch) anchoring at the top via snap and velcro. IF you are considering this bag just look at the pictures on the maxped site carefully and you will see what I am talking about.

So far I've got it packed (with more items to be added as I find/get them)with:

4 Chemlights
1 Brunton compass
1 Small signal mirror
1 Vial Tylenol/aleve benadryl and Zofran (Patty has semi-chronic stomach problems)
1 Fixed blade knife (Muppy)
1 All Weather dual layer Space blanket that includes hood and Hand covers.
1 Shemagh
1 Fire kit (ferro rod,mag rod, striker, Wet tinder tabs)
1 8X Monocular
1 Quik Clot
4 Germ X-Wipes
1 Led Flashlight (streamlight Sidewinder Compact)
1 Jetbeam 1AA 3 Hi Med Lo plus strobe flashlight
1 Smith's diamond dual sided hone
1 Folding knive (CRK Umnumzaan)
1 SAK Tinkerer
1 30 foot roll snare wire
1 P-51 can opener
1 SAK (Tinkerer)
1 1 3/4 inch web belt
1 Pair Hawk Armor Skin Gloves
1 Bandana
1 CR2032 Red/White flashlight
1 50 ft hank #325 woven cord

More items will be added/removed as I find additional things to put in it and "Refine" it to my liking.

ANY suggestions, Pro or Con, good or bad, are welcome. I may be 62 years old, but I'm a rookie at this "Prepper" business.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/06/16 05:03 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105