I know this thread may seem like I am showing off "How Good" I am at this stuff. Far from it, I am not. I'm just a rookie at this trying to learn as I go. It is just an exercise in listing what I am doing and soliciting input from others that have MUCH more experience than I do. AND hopefully to inspire others and perhaps give them some ideas as well.

I just added a 2XCR123 led light to the Fatty along with the 1AAA light already in it. I had forgot all about that light. It's more of a flood light than spot so should be good for area lighting/reading but has enough distance to it to work as a walking around light at night. I am just stuffing things in the Fatty to get an Idea of what I actually want to carry. I plan on picking up a straw filter when we get back east so I am sure that something(s) will have to come out. That's OK, cause that is how you figure out what you actually want to carry.

I need to put some para cord in the Fatty, but I only have 550 cord and some 325 pound woven cord. I want a lighter para cord like Gary uses so I will have the inner strands available if necessary. Hopefully I can find some back east. If not I can always order some on line. It really helps that Patty is supportive of me building up some kits/packs.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/13/16 03:58 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105