Last thing I'll throw out is I've been really impressed with the Ganzo/Firebird line of folders. 90% of them anyway. I know many are similar to higher end blades, but their build quality and heat treat are really impressive! ESPECIALLY for $10-25 a pop!

I spent half an hour digging a rope out of a tree with the tip of the blade (kids tired it on years ago and it was almost grown over). I kept expecting the tip to snap of, but it cut and dug through about 2" of non-stretch nylon-weave rope in 2-3 places without bending, breaking, or noticeable dulling.

I've got probably 15 of these suckers kicking around my knife drawer and probably 4-5 on regular rotation. Always in my pocket after work or on the weekends and up for anything.

I'd RATHER use all-US steel all the time (and I do in my fixed blades), but darned if these aren't some good blades in all shapes and sizes. Have yet to sharpen any... Though the one I used to cut tree roots in the mud and pry out rocks for 10 hours during my oldest's Eagle Project needs it. The rest are regular use and are still shaving sharp.

Let the hating commence.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington