Originally Posted by Endeavour Morse
I have a short attention span when concerning guns, haha.

Trust told, my CQB and Vickers filled the same niche so I chose to keep the lesser expensive gun that had a front night sight. I thought about keeping the Vickers and just buying the SRP but I don't need two Wilson carry guns. The SRP can serve as a carry gun but will be more fun at the range. My most accurate handguns have been Baers. I seriously regretted selling my last two Baers to buy the Wilsons. Nothing wrong with the Wilsons ... great guns ... I just wish I would have kept one Baer. It worked out as I'm ending up with Baer's top of the line model.

Rich, I had poor reliability out of my Dan Wesson Valors (4.25" 9MM, 5" 45Acp and 5" 10MM) so I sold them.

I really want to retire some day so I have to control my spending.

ETA: I am getting further and further into the burnt out professional worldview and genuinely need to curb my hobby spending. You would not believe what I deal with. For example, today the President of my firm (I've the VP) called a meeting to yell at everyone because someone took a dump and didn't flush the toilet. He screamed for 5 straight minutes and then ended his rant with "when I find out who did it I'm going to drag them out to the parking lot, kick their a$$, fire them, then call every other firm in town so they won't be able to find another job".

...and no I can't just resign. I own part of the company.

Wow...sounds like my work in a middle school...combined with arguing with my son! Lol! Crazy...

That sucks with the Dan Wessons. My .45 Valor blem is outstanding. Perfect reliability, stupid accurate and a trigger like glass. Ive run it dirty up to about 700-800 rounds with no additional lube and it ran flawless then too. The 9mm Valor I had for a bit wouldn't lock back on the last round unless the ammo was hot...and it demanded to be cleaned. I'm still tempted to get a Guardian in 9mm...just for joy of ownership. I think it's a great looking weapon.

Gundog you could look up a guys named Dan Severn (I think) and 1911. He's big on a couple 1911 websites and sells a lot of DWs and is a gunsmith and goes over them and supports if an issue arises. I'm on a CZ/DW forum and bad reports are few and far between. They also have a re-worked Valor coming out that looks amazing.

JYD #109
"I came here for the knives and stayed for the people."