Yes, its like working in a preschool ... where the preschoolers make the decisions.

My 5" 45ACP Valor was mostly reliable but would fail to go into battery about every 3rd magazine.

My 4.25" 9MM Valor and 4.25" 9MM Defender where both completely unreliable. Some very knowledgeable 1911 people told me DW cuts their feed angle to obtuse. I cannot confirm this, but can say my guns had constant failures to feed.

My 5" 10MM Valor would bump the slide stop and lock the gun open with a loaded magazine during firing, and had an occasional FTE.

1911s are hot or cold. I don't really fault Dan Wesson as the VAST majority of owners have FANTASTIC luck with them. I would buy a 5" 45ACP Valor again without hesitation (the original Valor ... not the new version they just released).

In my experience with having owned nearly 70 SEVENTY 1911s the most reliable is going to be ...

5"
Steel Frame
45ACP
GI Recoil Plug

If you steer away from these specs, you're going to may have trouble.

Severns is a great place, and their "Hard Hat" finish is suppose to be more durable than Glock Tennifer. They closed after a fire (IIRC) and I don't know if they're taking work again now.

Last edited by Endeavour Morse; 02/12/20 07:35 PM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.