Originally Posted by Ray Settanta
At one time I used to work for a Japanese company.and also fished almost every day during the season. My Japanese friends were horrified when I told them that I threw back all the bluegills and yellow perch because I thought they had too many bones. They said they would take all I could give them because the fish was much fresher than what they could buy in the store. I didn’t have to clean them either. They also paid me with beer, sake and Suntory whisky.

Back in the 1990's there was a group of 7 or 8 of us that use to bow fish carp in a couple of different dykes.
They are an invasive species that out competed native fish.
Every Thursday during bow fishing season you would find anywhere from 2 to 7 or 8 of us bow fishing this dyke.
We would get there after work a fish until dark.

1 day we noticed a couple of Chinese gentlemen using rod and reel to fish for carp, they were there before we arrived.
As they were packing up to leave we asked them how did they do.
They got nothing, between the 3 of us we got 5 carp, when we asked them if they wanted them they were happy and tried to pay us (we refused)
Next week same thing.
After that they would just show up around the time we were leaving and pick up the catch.
If they were late they knew where we would leave them at.

None of us were drinkers, so they would give us different Chinese deserts and candies as thank you.
They hated the end of bow fishing season

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102