IME, ditch the magnesium block. It's time intensive and a PITA to use in any weather but calm. Not to mention that it's useless if you don't have something to whittle on it with (you do, but just saying). I happened upon the blastmatch, and ditched the magnesium blocks RIGHT THEN. There are other takes on the blastmatch, but the blastmatch is quick and easy to use. Along with that, tinder is a nifty thing to have. There are several different types that are good. The quickfire is nice, if you don't open it - once it's exposed to air, it decays moderately quick.

The other thing I noted quickly was no capacity of replentishing the water supply. Did I miss something? Iodine works well, is light, and packages small - in the polarpure for example. The other option - the one I took - was to put a small bottle of tablets in a pouch along with a MSR miniworks. Warning - the tablets go bad if opened too....... The waterworks can be configured so that the output line hooks directly into where the bite valve was (QD) on a camelbak. Very quick, and allows direct filling of the camelbak reservoir from a prone position if needed / desired (think stalking into an area to 'swipe' some water undetected). You're not the only one that carries gatorade mix (GRIN). But it's bad to throw in a reservoir. I got some camelbak elixir - essentially 'camelbak friendly gatorade type stuff' to try. It comes in a tablet form and is more expensive, but I haven't drawn a full conclusion on it yet.

And lastly, you've got a kit without a pistol and extra mags? I know, it's 'cause the pistol is ALWAYS on you, so redundant to have in the kit too, right?