I would like a 14" recurve bolo blade with a giant mudder handle. I would prefer a light 3/16" blade with a saber grind or else a 1/4" thick with a full flat grind. For a large beater like that, I don't care if it is SR77 or SR101 steel. Either is fine.

+1. I would like to see a blade of this size. The Yard hasn't hit past the 12" mark.

Either that or a Scrap Yard sword. I miss the idea of the "Sea Dog" cutlass.

It would be mainly novelty but there is a little history too. From Wiki:

The cutlass is best known as the sailor's weapon of choice, the naval side arm, likely because it was robust enough to hack through heavy ropes, canvas, and wood. It was also short enough to use in relatively close quarters, such as during boarding actions, in the rigging, or below decks. Another advantage to the cutlass was its simplicity of use. The cutlass required less training than the rapier or small sword, and was more effective as a close-combat weapon than the full sized sword. The cutlasses portrayed in films set during the Golden Age of Piracy (1650-1720s) are often anachronistic 19th century weapons.

A cutlass is as often an agricultural implement and tool as it is a weapon (cf. machete, to which the same comment applies), being used commonly in rainforest and sugarcane areas, such as the Caribbean and Central America. Woodsmen and soldiers in the 17th and 18th centuries used a similar short and broad backsword called a hanger.

From http://www.geocities.com/captcutlass/Weap.html:

The pirate cutlass in swashbuckling lore is perhaps one of their most popular weapons. According to legend, buccaneers invented the cutlass, but this may not be factual. It is said to have evolved from the long knives used by the early buccaneers to butcher their meat. It had a blade length of about two feet, and was slightly curved with a single edge. Strong enough to hack through heavy ropes, canvas, or flesh and bone. It's short broad blade proved to be an ideal tool for hand to hand fighting in the confined area of a ship. Making this sword a favorite weapon among Caribbean pirates in the 17th and 18th century. The cutlass was so successful it was copied by many naval forces around the world.

So, approximately 24" of single edged, slightly curved diff. temp. SR101 steel. Just sayin'.

JYD #66 Endure to the End Long live the Brotherhood of the Yard