I've been EDC'ing an S5LE for about a year now, and am very happy with it. Yes, it's uncomfortable when I sit at my desk sometimes. Yes, it freaks some of my co-workers out. No, I wouldn't go back to a folder for primary chores.

When I'm playing contractor on the evenings and weekends, I carry and use extensively either a Busse Tank Buster or the Dan's recently released Regulator. Both make fine prying/chopping/cutting tools that I use constantly. And I've NEVER had a client complain about my big fixed blades, perhaps since they are so clearly being used as 'tools' in the sense of any screwdriver or hammer.

In addition to those two, I also EDC a SuperKnife (little folding utility knife) and a Leatherman. I use the crap out of the superknife, probably more than anything else, and really like them. They wear out soon enough, but they're also cheap enough to toss and replace. The leatherman is great for the little pliers and screwdrivers. Never replace the 'real' pliers and screwdrivers, but nice to have when the real stuff is back in the truck. I bought mine at Costco, so it's also at the price point that when it wears out or breaks, it won't be a crisis to toss and replace.

Last edited by thunderbird; 09/27/10 11:18 PM.