Just thought I would post how tragic it feels regarding Tyger ... to serve in the military for so long ... do two tours in the Lebanon, then Bosnia and Afghanistan and to have life snatched from you in such a freak urban accident ... he was only 35 ... just seems so "unjust" ... to avoid death "in action" and then have this happen ...

Sumo I checked up on what happened because he was "a buddy" to me and we shared a military background and I thought it all seemed so strange ... it appears it was a "gas explosion" in the basement of his house and then a resulting fire which seems to have caught hold badly in just minutes ... no suspicious circumstances from the Police investigation ... and all his neighbours spoke highly of him ... he clearly made the same good impression with them as he had here on the yard ... and that comforts me as I am sure many people think when you are single and live alone (as I do) and are involved with the military ... any sudden death like this means either you have taken your own life ... or have messed around with explosives when you should'nt ... or even conspiracy theories can surface ... and these issues play havoc with family and friends ...

In that sense I am pleased that the issue of an accident appears able to be clearly seen ... and would to that extent be a blessing ...

For those who followed Tygers posts he went ahead and bought the motorbike he wanted as per his last post on here where he said back in April last year that he was considering doing ... and was just starting some vacation time in June from what I gather before being due to ship out to Afghanistan in September ...

Being so young these words just feel right ... for Pat ...

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

JYD #75