I found this thread a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be fun to try.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showth...ht=junglas+mods

I thought it would be best to try it on a couple of small blades first, and I'm very happy with the results.

One thing that didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped was the Rodent Solution. It started life with a Moss Green coating with Black Paper scales. The Moss Green has dimples like a golf ball, and some of the dimples are deep enough to come VERY close to the steel. I thought this might be an issue, but I was too lazy to trim the painters tape around the Swamp Rat logo before I painted the blade so the etching solution found the dimples and etched the dimples right into the steel. I don't think it looks too bad though.

Something I didn't expect, the INFI on the SS4 wouldn't take the Perma Blue. The decarb layer where the flats are soaked it right up though, and gave it an accidental two tone finish. I'm really happy with it

On with the pics. Forgot to take WIP pics, but the steps are the same as in the thread above.

Comments welcome.

[Linked Image from i1091.photobucket.com]

USMC 1997-2002. 6173 CH-53D Sea Stallion Helicopter Crew Chief and Flightline Mechanic. Semper Fi!

"Be still, Taggart!"