Illinois lawmakers, led by Senate President John Cullerton and Gov Pat Quinn, are trying to slip gun control measures past the public with House Bill 1263 and 815.

House Bill 1263 was introduced on 8 Feb 2011 and was designed to mandate that sexual assaults on minors shall be punished with a sentence of life imprisonment. The anti-2nd Amendment gun haters saw an opportunity and are trying to slither gun control amendments into this Bill.

House Bill 815 is supposed to amend the Illinois Nuclear Safety Preparedness Act, but once again the gun haters are trying to slip magazine restrictions (10 rounds max), or more correctly “large capacity ammunition feeding device”, into this Bill.

One of the craziest things about this attempt is in the first couple of paragraphs of Senate Amendment 001 of this Bill it states: “Whereas, in the same decision, the Unites States Supreme Court also found that the individual right to possess and use a firearm was not unlimited, that the government has the ability to regulate the possession and use of firearms. And that this right “does not protect those weapons not typically possessed by law abiding citizens for lawful purposes”, and that the government may ban entirely “dangerous and unusual weapons”;….

The decision it’s referring to is District of Columbia v. Heller (No. 07-290), where the high court ruled that the District could not forbid the homeowner from owning a firearm.

As Glock 17 owner, I called Glock and was informed that the Model 17 is their most popular model sold in the US. Wouldn’t this high capacity magazine firearm then qualify as a “typically possessed weapon”?

I gotta find another state to live in, before Illinois officially suspends the Constitution and closes the borders.

Last edited by Mastiff; 01/09/13 03:35 PM.

Remember this: Everytime I blink, you disappear.