have t been to the range in a long time but I found a CZ527 in 7.62x39 that I'm going to pick up. just have to drive a hour and a half to go it. will probably scoot it and head out to the range.

anybody used the 2-3 shot method to sight in? guessing that would save on some ammo.

http://www.zeroriflescope.co.uk/Zero_rifle_scope_in_3_shots_method.html

As always wear safety glasses and make sure that anyone else with you has them on too.

Now it's time to zero the scope for shooting with just 3 shots:

This does assume some reasonable boresighting has been done once the scope was installed.

Set up a cross hair target at your preferred zero yardage.
Remove windage and elevation caps to expose the adjustment features of your scope.
Using a sand bag on front and rear or a gun vice (my preference is a bi-pod on front and a sand bag at the butt) position the rifle scope on the cross hair target and ensure you have a firm resting point for the rifle.
In other words, you want as little adjustment or effort from you as possible in order to hold the rifle on target.
Take your first shot and find where the bullet impacts paper.
Once you find the impact point, take aim at the exact same point on the target as your first shot and adjust the scope to the bullet hole on the target.
Make sure the gun has the same support during this adjustment as it did when you took the first shot.
It is critical that the gun does not move during the adjustment process.
This is why I use a rock solid support system during the zero process.
Your next shot should be almost dead on.
In my experience, my second shot is almost always close enough to justify another shot without adjustment.

However, if you need to adjust again, it will not be much and should be close enough for you to get zero on the adjustment.

JYD #82 yup...