Soooo...... another week away bush is done and dusted.... smile I really...no I mean REALLY could have done with another week away. But such is life I guess. If you recall my thread from last month, the property was VERY dry having not had decent rain in months, of course the 42degC temps all week I was there didn't help that situation. Just after I left they had some pretty good rains through the whole district and I was hoping to see a huge improvement when I returned. Sadly it was not nearly as good as I had hoped, but it was much much better !!!!!! After the week I spent there I think much of the lack of rain issue is resolved for a bit eek

[Linked Image from i997.photobucket.com]

I pretty much got three days out of seven out of the hut thanks to water bucketing down.... that said it was VERY relaxing smile smile

In those days I did get out I put in two of the longest hunts I have in a number of years.... one afternoon I walked for nearly six hours from one side of the valley to the other during which time I saw over 140 individual deer (and a monster buck that was sadly already busted up from fighting). All week I fired a single shot smile and that was at the end of this hunt.... as I was almost back to the bike and as the light was going I came up on a good sized boar .... laugh