Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: RETURN OF THE REGULATOR [Re: Grog] #1036738 01/13/16 06:13 AM
G
Grog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
G
Originally Posted by Grog
Well, for that price I'll be checking it out at least!

I don't regret my purchase per se, but I really don't know what to do with this thing. I'm fortunate enough to have a 911, 1111, 1311, Safety Mutt, and Trash-1 from the Yard as well as the American Regulator (really pretty lucky considering what a recent SYKCO-phile I am). I can and have found a use for all of them, I'm just lacking a Mud Mutt to get slicier than the Safety Mutt.

I just don't 'get' the Regulator. I can pick it up, touch it, turn it, twist it, etc. but I don't know what purpose it fills. It gets touted as a new age Bowie but the absolute last thing I would want if I was silly enough to fight with a knife is a bunch of weight. I'd rather have a Bic pen in my hands than a heavy knife if it came to that. All the better to jab you in the throat, my dear..

I know I'm not one of the old school dogs but please don't take this as an affront to SYKCO. Other than the above listed knives that I already have I'm also in the red for both versions of the Chop House and the SYKCO Skinner. The best thing I've done with INFI is sell it and buy more ScrapYard goodness. I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around this particular model. Variety is the spice of life and I love that, I'd just like to hear if people have found a practical use for their Regulator smile

Junk Yard Dog #194!
Re: RETURN OF THE REGULATOR [Re: Vendetta13] #1036761 01/14/16 03:24 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Grog, some LOVE the Regulator and to them it is the end all knife for everything. Me, not so much. I am like you. AS a fighter, it is I THINK, and I have no really real world experience, just a couple Little things, it is WAY to heavy. Now as a COMBAT knife, it might well be one of the best out there. That thing should be able to support an Abrams tank and not blink, so it would be good for digging, some chopping and other tasks someone in a combat situation might find themselves needing. Personally though I would use my BullDog Regulator as I like the FFG better.

That being said, the new Regulator might be quite a bit better. Time and use will tell.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: RETURN OF THE REGULATOR [Re: Vendetta13] #1036781 01/14/16 04:12 PM
Sethrotull Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Love the FFG Regulator and the handles are the bees knees. Don't fight with mine but it is my all purpose blade. Can chop stab cut batton with no problems.

JYD #100
Dog, Hog, Rat it's all Bussekin
Re: RETURN OF THE REGULATOR [Re: Vendetta13] #1036831 01/16/16 12:03 AM
M
Mumbojumboo Offline
Pooch
Pooch
M
I don't know anything about knife fighting. I watched the video that was posted...and a, yeah.... Pretty sweet and light for it's size. The one thing I have learned about this forum is... listen. Thank you all! Chop house!

[Linked Image from farm2.staticflickr.com]DSCF0376 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Gave my 9 year old the 711....he said heavy. gave him the Reg...light.

Last edited by Mumbojumboo; 01/16/16 12:17 AM.
Re: RETURN OF THE REGULATOR [Re: Vendetta13] #1037012 01/20/16 12:16 AM
A
Anton Beukes Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
A
The Regulator is a nice back up to your pistol, I have been carrying this blade for 2 years everyday. I will be doing more SD work with knives on my new FB page so you are welcome to come see the Regulator in action.

https://m.facebook.com/shootingfast.ab/?ref=bookmarks

Last edited by Anton Beukes; 01/20/16 12:17 AM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6