Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 156 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 155 156
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039817 04/10/16 08:57 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Architect
Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
Maybe I should start a field gear "battle rattle" thread?

I'm all for that. Interesting reading and VERY valuable information if nothing else and it MIGHT solicit some traffic here and get folks thinking.

I'll work on something.

Coming Soon...more of Gary's arrogant ramblings.

Gary, they ARE NOT arrogant ramblings. They are the intelligent discussions of someone that has the experience to speak intelligently on a subject we ALL should be concerned about.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: SkunkHunter] #1039818 04/10/16 08:58 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I like the looks of the 3 day assault Plus packs you're getting rid of, might see if I can sweet talk the boss!

Fantastic pack Randy. They're large enough to hold everything you need, and are very well laid out for organization. Example...they have two side pockets perfectly sized for a 32 oz bottle with nesting cup and more.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: SkunkHunter] #1039819 04/10/16 09:00 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I may have bought a Colt SOPMOD BLOCK 3 clone.

I make anti-DI jokes a lot, but I'm still a HUGE fan of BCM and Colt DI carbines. Randy's Carbine is an example of a gun I wouldn't hesitate to run out the door with.

Makes me feel good that "I chose wisely" wink

EXTREMELY well. That Carbine would be really hard for me to critique - I'd have to work hard to fault it.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039820 04/10/16 10:08 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I like the looks of the 3 day assault Plus packs you're getting rid of, might see if I can sweet talk the boss!

Fantastic pack Randy. They're large enough to hold everything you need, and are very well laid out for organization. Example...they have two side pockets perfectly sized for a 32 oz bottle with nesting cup and more.

I have the NON enhanced version. All it has is the pouches on each side and there is a 32oz SS bottle in each one as we speak.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039821 04/10/16 10:10 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I might have posted in the wrong section. I was referring to the plastic match case. Sheesh, I guess I need to pay more attention to what I type, and where!

Randy,
I'm sorry. You're just a big soft target. If my humor offended I'm truly sorry. You're my big loveble Teddy Skunk.

Haha, don't worry I am not easily off en dead. I choose to not take offense when people are joking with me, after all I am always joking around and sometimes take it to far. KNOW THIS, when I do I am VERY sorry.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: SkunkHunter] #1039823 04/10/16 12:23 PM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog

I have the NON enhanced version. All it has is the pouches on each side and there is a 32oz SS bottle in each one as we speak.

The PLUS is an ideal BOB. That's why I have so many of them. I very much prefer sewn on pouches to MOLLE attached (on a Pack).

Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039824 04/10/16 02:26 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog

The PLUS is an ideal BOB. That's why I have so many of them. I very much prefer sewn on pouches to MOLLE attached (on a Pack).

I like integral pouches as well.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039825 04/10/16 05:08 PM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Traded my Glock 20 Gen4 and cash for a Colt 6920 with DD Lite Rail III 12.0 for a Block 2 / Block 3 build.

Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039877 04/13/16 02:52 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Went to Wally World Monday to get some groceries and Patty some new blouses for our trip and to get some shoe laces that broke on my Rockport boots. While there Patty said I should get another pair of boots, so I got a pair of Ozark Trails Hikers. Pretty light weight and feel really good. I know they aren't HIGH Quality boots, but I hope they will work. I've got some other Ozark Trails gear and it has done pretty good. As I have said in other threads, we shall see.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039904 04/13/16 11:42 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I've owned a couple of pair of Ozark boots. They were better than I expected from WalMart. IIRC, they lasted quite a while but weren't quite as comfortable as boots that cost 2 or 3 times more (as to be expected). I also remember them causing my feet to sweat. However, I think I wore them for a long time. I've not had as good of luck with Target's store brand.

I really like ALTAMA brand when they can be found on clearance. The problem is they have to be ordered online so you won't know how they fit or feel until they arrive. Return shipping can negate any "savings".

Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039905 04/13/16 01:45 PM
Private Klink Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Well, my JackManDu is on its way to me. grin. Thanks again to General Delivery.

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!
Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1039906 04/13/16 03:31 PM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Congrat's Tom.

Seems like those took a long time to get shipped.

Page 29 of 156 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 155 156