Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bent my tip!! [Re: JT Sharp] #375496 11/08/09 11:20 PM
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I was using a well known knife a few days ago when I bent the tip. I thought maybe I was doing something beyond normal use and was abusing it. I did the same thing with my scrap yard DM and my Busse SarQ just to see if I was doing too much. Niether of them was hurt in the least.

What I was doing is sticking the tip into a piece of wood and prying out splinters for tender. I drove the knife in about 3/4 of an inche and pried it to one side with the meager strength of my hands. I wasnt getting behind it with my body weight either. The knife was in front of me, I leaned it over and it bent.

This just makes me even more happy to own good steel from a good company.

I am however disapointed that I bent the tip of what I thought was a good knife. I could probably bend it back and be ok, but I want to send it in for a warranty claim.

Does anyone know what the warranty is for the Ontario Ranger series?

JT

Man you had me going with the headline LOL

I ask that other manufactures not be discussed on this forum...Good or Bad, Directly or Indirectly.

For what its worth, I believe that a customer should always go directly to the manufacturer to work out an issue. It is the honorable thing to do.

Dan

Re: Bent my tip!! [Re: Dumpster Dan] #375497 11/09/09 12:42 AM
JT Sharp Offline OP
Mutt
OP Offline
Mutt
10-4 Mr. Dan. I was just dipping into the fountain of knowledge contained here, but I understand completely where you are coming from.

I will edit it out of my post here so I am not committing any faux pas'.

JT

Grail Knife: Busse SFNO or a scrap yard sword. Hint hint Big Dawg.....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3