Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 263 of 5,357 1 2 … 261 262 263 264 265 … 5356 5357
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493479 09/20/10 06:50 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Quote
I love the color rendition you get. How much post processing do you have to do?

Thank you. Not much. Generally, I do all of my postprocessing in the RAW converter. It's only minor, global adjustments. I just take a minute or two per picture, total, and most of that time is dust spotting.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493480 09/20/10 06:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I shoot mostly in JPEG for the newspaper, and RAW for my personal stuff. My RAW converter is worthless, or nearly so. (Nikon Capture) You using a Canon converter or third party?



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493481 09/20/10 06:59 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I do not use the Canon DPP converter. After using it a little bit, I switched to Adobe Camera Raw, around late 2002 or early 2003. That's been my converter of choice, until a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago, I switched to Adobe Lightroom 3.

Last edited by Evolute; 09/20/10 07:02 AM.
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493482 09/20/10 07:10 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I'm interested in Lightroom. Not sure if I've got the computer to run it properly, I'm due a new one pretty soon.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493483 09/20/10 07:13 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I got a new computer a few months ago, and it seems fine for running Lightroom. I'm not sure how much computer power Lightoom demands.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493484 09/20/10 07:22 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I'm using a 4-5 year old Dell with less than a gig of RAM, Capture bogs it down badly.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493485 09/20/10 07:23 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I can only open about 5-6 at a time in Capture, and in Photoshop I can only open about 10 JPEGs at at time before it starts lagging



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493486 09/20/10 07:23 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I imagine your new one will be adequate, when you get it.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493487 09/20/10 07:33 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
Hope so, I'm wanting a MacBook. Just for my photo stuff, no kids or wife allowed LOL



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493488 09/20/10 07:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I'm using a MacBook pro.

So far, I'm pleased with it.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493489 09/20/10 07:38 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
Anything would be a step up from my current computer. Even a Mattel may be better.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493490 09/20/10 07:41 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
The I hope you can get your new computer soon.

Page 263 of 5,357 1 2 … 261 262 263 264 265 … 5356 5357

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3