Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign #585798 07/25/11 11:22 PM
monsterdog Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
First, mods, if this is out of line, please remove my post. I realize this is not a political forum, but I came across this article which outraged my sensibilities more than a little bit.

I do not think this will create much of a divide in the yard, most people would likely agree with each other on this, but again, if it is out of line, please remove it.

Edit: let us please keep party politics out of this, both the previous and current administrations are to blame for the way DHS is able to infringe on the privacy of regular people all over the world (not just in the US).

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-video-characterizes-white-americans-as-most-likely-terrorists/

Last edited by monsterdog; 07/25/11 11:38 PM.

"Wroof! Wroof!" - George IV misterdog-muensterdog-monsterhog
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: monsterdog] #585799 07/25/11 11:33 PM
duFontaine Offline
Scrapper
Scrapper
monsterdog I am very glad you posted this! Thank you!

"Nunquam minus solus quam cum solus"
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: duFontaine] #585800 07/25/11 11:52 PM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
1984 is alive and FLOURISHING in 2011!

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: SkunkHunter] #585801 07/25/11 11:54 PM
monsterdog Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
1984 is alive and FLOURISHING in 2011!

At least be relieved that the society 1984 was originally written about, the United Kingdom, is much further ahead than everybody else on these matters.

It scares me exactly how spot on Orwell was in 1949 about where his government was headed.

"Wroof! Wroof!" - George IV misterdog-muensterdog-monsterhog
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: monsterdog] #585802 07/26/11 01:01 PM
KnotSlip Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
First they convince everyone that we are all terrorists and dangerous to society, then they proceed to disarm us all. That is their plan...God help us all if they succeed.

KS JYD #93 "Life's too short..."
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: KnotSlip] #585803 07/26/11 01:53 PM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
History has proven they CAN succeed. And there is a good chance they will, but here in the U.S. not completely. We are a nation of radicals, folks who don't like to be pushed around and have proven that when we get enough, we have had enough.

To quote that famous sailor, "Enough's enough and I've had to much"! That is the way we are.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: SkunkHunter] #585804 07/27/11 12:23 AM
ToboTech Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
this is racist and disturbing propaganda.

Last edited by ToboTech; 07/27/11 12:26 AM.

JYD 132
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: ToboTech] #585805 07/27/11 12:26 AM
duFontaine Offline
Scrapper
Scrapper
I'm glad some networks are refusing to show this racist and disturbing propaganda.

+111

It is very racist and disturbing propaganda.

"Nunquam minus solus quam cum solus"
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: duFontaine] #585806 07/27/11 05:28 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Didn't the world go through something like this about 65 years ago?

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: SkunkHunter] #585807 07/27/11 05:29 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I have ALWAYS been bothered by the name "Homeland Security". It, to me, has always made me think of Adolf and his bunch of Loons.

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: SkunkHunter] #585808 07/27/11 09:35 AM
zuluXtreme Offline
Mutt
Mutt
Fear is a tool that governments have been using to implement change in society for a very long. It is only recently that we see this skill being used to such precision. 'They' through the use of the media and Hollywood are now easily able to set us up and in the process make it easier to bring about change, change the laws that take away basic freedoms under the guise of protection.

The reaction of humans to certain stimulae has been studied and has and is being used to affect a planned shift in society. Without absolute control of society, the way we think and without being able to monitor our every move and predict what we'll do 'they' cannot bring about this change...

How do you get a domesticated herd to move from a field – a system in which it’s been grazing for twenty, fifty years, this kind of system – to this field over here, this new field? Because we’re reluctant, we have reluctance to change. We like familiarity, we like routine you see. You do it by various techniques, one of which is revolution. Most revolutions are bloodless; you have cultural revolutions, sexual revolutions – along with that comes the music revolutions etc. These literally are designed to alter and direct culture, knowing what kind of culture they’ll have at the very end of it too. They know exactly what kind of culture they want to come out of it.

You understand the average person can handle one major crisis in their personal life, maybe two at the same time. It’s understood in psychology and many many studies that if you have maybe three to four crises hitting you personally in your life at the same time, you will literally go into an incredible depression, a reactive depression. You can’t cope. That’s understood. Apply that technique on a whole population.

The thing is, there’s not one of these crises that we’re being told about that you personally can do anything about. What can you do about terrorism, if it really exists all over the place? It’s out of your hands, you’re helpless. What can you do about a coming pandemic? t’s out of your hands, you’re helpless. What can you do about a nuke getting set of in New York Harbor or wherever? You can’t, you’re helpless. The message you’re getting is that you’re utterly helpless to defend, help, or save yourself. That is complete shock and awe tactic that’s been used, not only in the U.S. and Canada, but across the world – same strategy, because we’re already global with a global society running us all. Massive psychology and warfare techniques in psychology is being used across the planet to make us succumb to fear and crisis, none of which we can actually do anything about on an individual level.

Therefore the leaders are presented to us onscreen, with uniforms or business suits and ties as politicians who speak with confidence – all scripted of course – and they seem to have everything under control. You’re now basically a fearful slave looking up to the powerful master to defend and protect you. That’s the simple technique of it.

"As you think, so shall you become." ~ Bruce Lee
Re: Very OT: Department of Homeland Security campaign [Re: zuluXtreme] #585809 07/27/11 10:50 AM
zuluXtreme Offline
Mutt
Mutt
Besides '1984' a brilliant book that's worth while reading is - The Republic by Plato.

"As you think, so shall you become." ~ Bruce Lee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3