Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: WinterWolf] #745562 01/15/13 03:40 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Will do WW and thanks. I don't see any way possible that Sandy Hook could be a Hoax. All I was referring to was that they did bring up some valid points. I don't believe it was faked.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: SkunkHunter] #745563 01/15/13 03:55 AM
WinterWolf Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
i hear ya skunk. i definitely dont have the facts or evidence to make assertions. but i think asking questions is always a good thing. drawing conclusions without the facts.. well, thats never really a good thing.

JYD #180
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: SkunkHunter] #745564 01/15/13 03:56 AM
greaser Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
The most feasable explination for the inconsistencies is that there may be a group trying force the issue and play an agenda at all costs.

JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: DogTired] #745565 01/15/13 11:15 AM
skorpyd Offline
Scrapper
Scrapper
Anyone else see the Pres remarks on gun control this afternoon? Love how he characterized anyone opposed to "reasonable gun control measures" as irrational. Only irrational people who are crazy and paranoid would distrust the federal government for wanting to take greater measures to restrict firearms. He tried to frame this as anyone who owns firearms for protection, hunting, or sporting purposes as not having to worry about the federales coming in and taking their guns. The left wants to characterize anyone who discusses the 2nd Amendment in terms of limiting the federal government as crazies or fringe elements on the outside of respectable society. You have the rights to bear arms as allowed by the federal government for specific purposes, not as constitutionally guaranteed. I'm leery of his comments and his promises to not take away peoples guns. I tend to think there is an agenda being slowly but steadily pursued to gradually desensitize us to the point where we will welcome the government confiscating our arms. Not every politician, but a few. It's those few and the insidious encroachments they undertake that are so dangerous. It doesn't take much to sway the public away from the real issues. What is so inherently dangerous about tactical weapons vice a semiauto rifle with a wood stock and no rails? Why is a 10 round magazine ok but not 11? where's the real outrage about the system that is spawning the violence? If we just ban high cap mags and scary rifles then it will be ok. When that doesn't work, it will be semiauto handguns and rifles altogether. Then revolvers pump shotguns and lever actions.

Maybe there are better things we can be doing. I'm not opposed to background checks or training. But I don't think it wise to conflate those measures with the violence we've seen. Would those measures have changed anything in the recent shootings? This is the problem with dealing with gun issues after a tragic event (and is precisely why the anti-gun agenda chooses, like vultures, to politicize and capitalize on the sufferings of the victims). You can bring in all sorts of issues that have NOTHING to do with the tragedy but people will be more tolerant of having rights restricted because they want to be seen as being on the right side of doing SOMETHING. Even if the measures being discussed have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how events transpired and wouldn't have changed a single thing that happened. That's the problem with the rhetoric coming out of the White House and out of so many politicians these days.

Sorry, I've just been pretty riled up all day.

I'm with ya DT.

It's feeling like nothing I've ever seen before, all the blatant power grabs and seizing of control.

Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: skorpyd] #745566 01/15/13 04:36 PM
monsterdog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
NY state senate passed further restrictions on their current AWB by a sneaky 11pm vote last night. Most of the legislators didn't even have time to read it before it was voted on and passed. Only one stood up and actually said why she voted against it.

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-state-gun-laws-since-newtown-074653716.html

Highlights:

"Under current state law, assault weapons are defined by having two "military rifle" features, such as folding stock, muzzle flash suppressor or bayonet mount. The proposal would reduce that to one feature, including the popular pistol grip. The language specifically targeted the military-style rifle used in the Newtown shootings."

"Current owners of those guns will have to register them."

"Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state."

"Stores that sell ammunition will have to register with the state, run background checks on buyers of bullets and keep an electronic database of bullet sales."

"a therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally would be required to report it to a mental health director who would have to notify the state. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her."

If you live in NYS, you need to read up on it, the rest of us need to make sure our state legislators don't try and run with something similar.

"Wroof! Wroof!" - George IV misterdog-muensterdog-monsterhog
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: monsterdog] #745567 01/15/13 04:43 PM
monsterdog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
NYC Mayor Bloomberg wants Obama to implement as many things similar to my above post via Executive Order on a federal level.

Biden said he has 19 specific things which could be enacted via Executive Order and will present them today.

Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: monsterdog] #745568 01/15/13 05:31 PM
Hobbes Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Posted this on the death chat but it should be here also:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/...-moves-on-guns/

JYD #143
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: Hobbes] #745569 01/15/13 05:32 PM
monsterdog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Here is a supposed summary of the Biden proposal, it looks bad:

http://www.gunowners.org/a01142013.htm

Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: monsterdog] #745570 01/15/13 05:50 PM
WinterWolf Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
its amazing to me just how fast they are moving...

JYD #180
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: WinterWolf] #745571 01/15/13 07:21 PM
monsterdog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
They have to move fast before apathy sets in after the massacre.

"Never let a crisis go to waste", thats seriously how they think.

The rest of us will fail because we operate on moral principles of respect for the dead, etc.

The gun grabbers are worried about turning the streets of this country into the wild west, but its really a wild west/witch hunt mentality that dictates you drag the supposed perpetrator of what you don't like to the nearest tree and string them up before cooler heads prevail.

If the "bad guy" is an object or someone people won't get too enraged over, even better, it can be done without guilt.

When the inquisition was at its highest in Europe, animals were tried and executed for being in league with the devil. No-one cared, but every time a pig was put to death for having consorted with Satan a dangerous precedent was set that ultimately led to the death of many, many people.

Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: monsterdog] #745572 01/15/13 09:54 PM
WinterWolf Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
it makes perfect sense, and it has happened plenty of times throughout history. its just quite incredible to watch it play out.

Last edited by WinterWolf; 01/15/13 09:55 PM.

JYD #180
Re: America: Designed By Geniuses, Run by Idiots [Re: WinterWolf] #745573 01/16/13 02:18 AM
DogTired Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
It's terrifying. I want to cry for the state of our nation.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6