Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780852 07/04/13 02:35 AM
coyotebc Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
As an outsider I cannot fully comprehend how some of you feel
At a very early age, I knew that I was out of step with the majority of my country
I think Canada is the greatest country on earth, and I would expect that you would feel the same about your country

I believe that if you don't think that your country is the greatest then you should either try to move to the country you think is the greatest or work to make your country the greatest

I do my best to improve my country both locally and nationally but in the end I may be tilting windmills like Don Quixote

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #780853 07/04/13 02:41 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Bill, at times, "Tilting at Windmills" is a noble cause, even if the population at large doesn't think so.

It takes a dedicated man to stand along. Thank goodness there are people like you in the world.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781074 07/04/13 03:22 PM
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
cbc you are not alone.

i generally try to avoid posting in these sort of threads. not because because I agree or disagree to any great extent but more so because if you don't wholeheartedly agree with some people then you automatically become "the enemy". not so much on this forum but on some forums it seems people actually plan to live out a modern day version of "gangs of new york" or something. and also because my posts get pretty longwinded when I get into pointing out chicken little and that "the sky is falling" has been going on since man could document it. and somehow the world is always worse for the generation that is around to say it. i admit it could be i'm he one thinking the world is flat but i'm just not as quick to usher in the end of our existance as some seem to be. not saying it won't happen but it would really suck for the world to end on my (our) watch. i guess I could find somebody to blame but it all on but I'd rather not go there in the first place.

but don't get me wrong... i like a good world in peril, end of days, zombie flick as much as anybody. I also really appreciate the positive effects that "prepping" seems to be having on our society when comes to dealing with disasters. I personally won't be prepping out of spite or saying "they" are making me do it. i want to do it and i think its wise to make these types of preparations. and at this point I can only blame myself if I am not prepared for the next likely natural (or unlikely manmade) catastrophic event. i like the idea of becoming self reliant and a better candidate for surviving the end of the world even though I doubt it's coming anytime soon. I like the survivalist movement for the entertainment value and the fact that it promotes the basics of living well. I like it so much so that i have been building/planning an outdoors forum that will probably launch in the next month or so. as for the political drama and tin foil hats... it's just not my thing but who am I to say what's what? so I end up just avoiding the topic when it gets into who, why, when, or how the world ends.

JYD #82 yup...
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781078 07/04/13 05:12 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I'm prepping but also understand no matter what you do if something goes down your never really going to have enough preps. As to trying to get people to open their eyes. I'm starting to feel like architect in that topic.

Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781080 07/04/13 05:32 PM
Feldgrun Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Bill, I really like the parts of Canada that I've visited - the western part is nearly indistinguishable from the US. A couple of roommates in college years ago were from BC and Alberta and wished they could be part of the US or at least form their own country, as long as it didn't include the French. I think some of that feeling of distrust of the country's government is common in any country, but they were pretty adamant about it.

JYD #183
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781081 07/04/13 06:09 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I live in Ohio and I still feel like I wanna find a more grass roots place to live

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781088 07/04/13 07:23 PM
coyotebc Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
We have a unique situation here in Canada
Historically we had two major political parties federally and a small left wing party
If you didn't count Quebec, the province of Ontario had more seats in parliament then the rest of the country combined

Since 1867 most governments of Canada where of the opinion that what was good for Ontario and Quebec was good for Canada

There has lead to a feeling of alienation among many western Canadians
We also have a situation where the majority of our population lives in the major city centers. This has also lead to a feeling of alienation for rural areas

I have been a proponent of a triple e senate or giving provinces powers more inline with states in the USA
Failing that I am a western separatist

Many Canadians have an inferiority complex, sort of like the plain younger sister of the prom queen (USA)that secretly smiles when something goes wrong for her pretty sister

This can be seen when you look at some of our larger cities
Toronto likes to think of itself as NYC north
Hamilton like Detroit
Vancouver like LA

Just like the petty younger sister, they like to think they are more worldly and not so superficial
When times are good they will snipe about her, but when the shtf they are blood and nothing else matters

It does bother me when I see Canadians talking smack about the USA, just as it bothers me when Americans that know nothing about Canada talk smack about us

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781096 07/04/13 08:49 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I got nothing but love for ya up there. Your country has backed us in several wars and you guys make our ford vehicle parts for us wink

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781109 07/05/13 03:12 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Here's my 2 cents. I know we are two individual countries, but to my way of thinking, we are really more like one, at least the western parts of Canada make me think that way. Now the Eastern part... Well Cold one is there, I don't think I need to say anything else. wink grin

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781123 07/05/13 07:07 AM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Hahahahaha

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781124 07/05/13 07:14 AM
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Hehe, yeah he'll probably ban me now.

Hey Chris, would it help to say "I'm just kidding"? whistle

You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781160 07/05/13 12:40 PM
greaser Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I just wish it was easier to go up there living 300 miles from the best sledding areas in the world and not being able to go because I am too cheap to get a passport stinks. lol

I prep because I don't like the way the Government is going not because I don't love my country. I myself believe that the unrest in the people over the way the government is being run has taken a dramatic jump in the past 10 to 15 years. Now whether we can fix it or if it will lead down the road I am worried about remains to be seen, but if it doesn't come to pass I love the outdoors and hunting so all my preps will still come in handy.

JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17