I'm going to handle them more, and figure out where they fit into my life. I've never been a folder person, and still feel a fixed blade is better...but these are so brutally stout I have confidence they'd not let me down. It's now a matter of deciding what I need out of a folder and which two best fill the role.

I know one of these will end up in my wife's purse. She carries a few survival essentials (lighter, water purification tablets, flashlight and knife). One of these ZT will be much better in this role than the Spyderco Endura 4 she currently has. She's already approved the extra weight.

Another will end up being my "causal wear" knife. I already have a gentlemen's folder for work so the ZT will be my "other times" carry knife. My work life is tame and doesn't necessarily need a stout folder (have a small survival kit in my briefcase that MIGHT get a ZT instead of a Swamp Warden). The rest of the time I feel under equipped with a light duty knife. This is where I think a ZT excels - as long as I can stand carrying a 7 ounce folder!

Last edited by Architect; 02/06/16 09:08 AM. Reason: Fixing "auto incorrect" changes :-/

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.