I was just in Florida, and took my Rodent 6 and ZT 0301 along. The 0301's durable construction was a comfort while kayaking in 'gator infested waters.

I tested the R6 against the 301 on some fresh cut Palm "branches". First off, if you haven't tried to cut a branch off a Palm tree you can't appreciate how strong that material is! I was really surprised. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos, but the tests included:

* Hacking (301) / Chopping (R6)
* Slicing
* Feathering
* Notching

I started with the 301, and was impressed by its performance against TOUGH palm. It would bite deep (hacking and slicing) but would hit a wall and stop cold regardless of the pressure I exerted.

Next I tested the R6 (which needed its edge touched up BEFORE the tests). It made the 301's performance look weak. The R6 could bite deeper, slice longer, and felt overall better.

This isn't a surprise (testing a 6.5" fixed blade against a 3.75" folder). Overall, I'm very impressed by the ZT. Its now my non-work EDC folder.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.