I've been selling off my "gun collection" and keeping only those items that I anticipate actually using. Over the past 36 years I've owned just about every conceivable design. However, about 24 months ago I embarked on a series of tests to determine what guns I should keep based upon a shift in my world view. I reached a point in my life wherein I didn't want a lot of extra "stuff" including guns, knives, gear etc. I only wanted to keep what I decided were the "best" and everything else would go online for sale.

At the end of my testing and evaluation I decided to only keep the following ...

HANDGUNS

1911 (9MM, 40SW, 45 ACP)
Beretta 92 Series (9MM)
Ruger Mk3 (22LR Semi-Auto)
S&W Shield (9MM)

SHOTGUNS

Benelli M1/M2 (12 Gauge Semi-Auto)

*** I do want to add a very nice 12 bore hunting O/U but don't currently own one ***

RIFLES

10/22 Format (22LR Semi-Auto)
AR10 (308 Win Semi-Auto)
AR15 (5.56MM Semi-Auto)
Bolt-Actions (22LR, 22WMR, 308 Win)

After owning dozens and dozens of gun designs I've decided to just keep the listed designs for the following reasons:

1) They are all easy to repair.
2) They all have a huge aftermarket parts market.
3) They all have proven to be the most accurate within a manageable budget.
4) They all have proven to be the most reliable designs (yes even more so than AK47s, Glocks, etc).
5) They all are "classics".

What designs do you favor and designs did you dislike?

Last edited by Endeavour Morse; 02/09/20 05:26 PM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.