Overall I'm not a revolver guy. I think they're neat, and carried a S&W 642 as a backup gun for YEARS. However, I've always found them difficult to shoot, and somewhat unpleasant. Revolvers are "neat" but fit into a collector or enthusiast category. Simply too many semi-auto options.

I've owned a single Buckmark and it was spray my face with hot metal or powder with each round fired (as the slide opened). I haven't touched another one since selling that gun 25 yeas ago. Ruger Mk3 all the way!

Those French Manurhin PP, PPK, PPKS are nicely made guns, but way out classed by today's 380's. Its even worse in 32 ACP. Neat gun, but again they fit into that "collector" or "enthusiast" category.

I like Sig Sauers also (the classic P line ... 220, 225, 226, 228, 229). I had to conduct a lot of testing to decide what I preferred between the Beretta 92 and Sig P226. Ultimately I could shoot the Beretta more accurately and they are "smoother". Berettas are also a lot easier to work on. Its difficult to get inside the grip of a Sig.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.