It was a great outing. Bonnie moved out to live with her aunt about a month ago. I just took her back there. She is happier there with her mother's sister (her mother passed away when she was 10). Her sister, Linda is staying with an ex-girlfriend of mine who loves to shop. I have accepted all this for now. Bonnie wanted to go outside today and "do something exciting" like ride the Harley. I told her that I had been wanting to go to Oyster Shell Hill down in the swamp for over a year, but no one would go with me. She said she was up for it, so off we went. She was impressed my the old man's ability to navigate with a compass and hit every creek crossing dead on. She took a picture of me crossing Lewis Creek on the log, but it didn't come out. I am tired, but very happy. I was a great day to be in the Altamaha!
[Linked Image from i173.photobucket.com]
Today's swamp combo:
Bonnie on the way back.
The DFLE proved to be very useful. I had to hack through limbs while crossing other creeks and slash through thick bamboo in some places. Try that with a little bitty knife! I lost part of my lanyard and beads while climbing over a log over a creek.

Horned, dangerous, and off my medication.