When I got my Scrapper 6 I didn't like the edge and my Bravo 2 would out-cut it, but since I put the convex edge on it I like it a lot more. I was doing some yard work last week and trying to fit stones together in a path. One stone would not match up so I "cut" a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1.5" chunk out of it with two swift hits from the S6. I got the stone block to fit nicely and thought for sure I would have some edge rolling or even chipping that I would have to fix. I stared at that blade for a good minute or more and couldn't find any damage what-so-ever. I wish I would have taken a picture. I am truly amazed at that blade now. That was with a sharp convex edge on it. I must say that the Scrapper 6 has really been growing on me. I also convexed a Busse High Street but I've left my other BusseKin's alone for now (maybe not for long). I really like the convex on blades 7" and smaller but I haven't tried it on the larger blades yet. If the S6 is representative, I really see no reason *not* to have a convex edge, although I know its not the only way to go. If the edge is not damaged it only takes a couple minutes to bring it right back up.

I plan to leave my S5 alone for now. It is already shaving sharp, as delivered.