had a really odd thing happen today. fished from about 12pm-7pm today. from about 12 to 5 the bites were painfully slow and i had one tiny little bluegill. changed everything about the setup during those 5 hours. hook, weights, swivels, and bobbers. I fished every depth from a foot to six feet and hooked the bait several different ways. the guy fishing to the right of me was consistently landing fish. think he got 25 for the day which isn't odd for him. I finally decided to switch rigs and on the first cast i got a bite but missed. i eventually landed a couple fish and continued to get bites from then on but didn't land anything else.

since i set up everything the same and got bites at the distance i was normally fishing I can only guess one thing. the big fish didn't like the line I was using. it was mr. crappie 8# camo line. never noticed any problems with this line anywhere else but these fish just seem to not bite on it for whatever reason. literally let a cricket float up to the bank and nothing touched it. as soon as i switched over to a reel with 6# hi-viz line i was telling a guy the fish don't like my crickets. right when I said that i got a bite.

live and learn... no more crickets on the camo line....

JYD #82 yup...