I had planned on acquiring enough to pass on complete "sets" to each kid--SAK, edc, hunting, 4-5" blade, 7-8" camp knife, and a big ole chopper. Then I realized I don't want my kids to wait til I'm dead before they enjoy good knives. So, as they grow into them, I plan to give them one decent knife at a time as they have interest.

I have edcs for all of them and the two oldest have their hunting blades and SAKs. Oldest girl will be getting a SAK in a couple more years, her hunting knife in 3-4 years, and her EDC shortly thereafter. It's the bigger ones that'll do me in. Much as I love Bussekin, I'm glad the Condor line came along--we'll see how the Moonshiner goes--Grandparents got one for the oldest for his birthday.

Wishing I'd picked up a couple more Gerber S30V Stag Freemans when Dicks Sporting Goods was blowing them out at $20 a pop. I got three and my Dad got two--one for him and one for his hunting bud. Oh well.

My wife, of course, thinks I'm nuts, stupid, or both.

Last edited by DogTired; 03/09/15 09:07 PM.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington