Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
One year when I was a wee lad of about 10 or 11 We were visiting Yellowstone Park. Now this mind you, was when you could virtually drive up to Old Faithful (less than 100 yards).

Ok, so we had camped out in one of the many campgrounds and It just so happened that there was a bear across the road. Well Dad grabbed the ever popular Bell and Howell 8mm movie camera and begin to film said bear after crossing the road to the "Bear side" wink . He was of course zoomed in to get the "Best" shots of the bear and all of a sudden noticed that the bear appeared VERY close. When he lowered the camera from his eye the bear was about 10 feet away. He of course got quite concerned and looked around for me as I had been standing beside him.

Well I, being the observant child that I was, had seen the bear coming toward us and whispered to Dad (so as not to startle the bear) that the bear was headed toward us had quietly (once again so as to not startle the bear) ran to the other side of the road and was observing the whole situation from about 50 or 60 feet away.

Dad, at the time, apparently not appearing to appetizing (he was about 5ft 9in tall and weighing about 135 pounds)safely made it to MY side of the road without incident after dodging several cars that were SLOWLY going by.

Dad then went on to explain to me the importance of telling him LOUDLY that a bear was about to eat him.

Oh and Did I say that we had a snowball fight that year IN JULY!

It's a shame we have to grow up. smile

I know I didn't officially make it to the Sip & Talk, but this is my small contribution. I hope you enjoyed it.

A great story....thanks sharing

Dan