Way back in the dark ages of the Busse Combat Trilogy the Ratweiler came out. YEARS later the Chopweiler came to be. About the only difference (That I can remember) is the handle shape.

OK, the original (I THINK) was 3/16 inch thick, and with the Pixy Dust infused Heat Treat was an unparalleled blade for it's time (both actually). I do not remember of ever hearing of a failure, and believe my they WERE abused! Many folks (Me included) prefer a lighter blade for belt carry. The 3/16 inch width provides some weight saving over the thicker 1/4 inch version, AND being lighter does allow for some "Speed" in the cut, many saying the speed overcomes the weight difference.

True or not, the lighter version WILL be easier to carry over the long haul. If you are not worried about the weight then the 1/4 inch version will just give you that extra bit of confidence in being an almost indestructible blade. AND with the "Kin" warranty, ANY warrantied Busse Kin blade is a no brainer.

For what its worth, I would get the 3/16 inch version and would never look back.

Hope this helps you out Dog.

Randy

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105