I've pretty much moved all my "Grey Man" clothes to the dark brown spectrum too.

I have two dogs, a solid black (black lab) and a brindle mastiff. when I let them out at night, the brindle (stripes are vertical) is much harder to see than the solid black dog.

In a city environment, maybe blue jeans or khaki pants would offer a better blending combination. But in the suburbs or a lightly wooded neighborhood area I think a person dressed all in dark brown would be a much better option.

Also, why the big trend with tie downs on non-drop sidearm holsters? To me, the straps chafe, restrict movement, and are generally uncomfortable to wear.

I've recently decided to decrease the spare mags carried on my battle belt for my glock 17 to two. Then I filled that recently vacated belt area with another 5.56 mag carrier. I figured that 50 round of 9mm is plenty of ammo for my "last ditch" defensive weapon, but you can NEVER have enough ammo for your primary offensive weapon.

Arch, why no battle belt suspenders? Does the plate carrier interfer or make them to uncomfortable wear? I don't have a plate carrier but back (wayyyyy back) in the day, the old flack vests and pistol belt harnesses where compatable. The suspenders made a handy place to carry a knife and today, a mobile com device. Plus I love how the suspenders make the belt so much more comfortable to wear.

Remember this: Everytime I blink, you disappear.