Funny, kind of story.

When Hurricane Andrew tore up South Florida I got sent down there from Pope AFB (Think Ft. Brag) to be one of the folks overseeing the flghtline operations to get everything up and operational. We had to get runway/parking areas for the planes fixed and cleaned up of debris. Had to get all the runway/taxiway/parking ramp lights replaced and operational and all kinds of stuff. I spend severall hours over the month in a Huey/Kiowa flying over the airfield at night counting operational lights so we would know what classification we were up to.

ANYWAY, somewhere along the line someone stole my uniform cap (we were wearing woodland camo BDU's. Well I of course got yelled at by a butter bar (2lt). I tried telling him it got stolen but he didn't care, he WAS an officer after all. Well I went over to what was left of the supply building and finally found a boonie hat IN DESERT CAMO! After about a week everybody knew that AF Sgt wearing Woodland Camo with a Desert camo hat. Heck, even the General gave me a hard time (good naturedly, he understood). That's where I kyped er ah aquired one of my web belts (I actually have 3) Oh and the Generals 2qt canteen. smile Hey, he was a General they would get him another one.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/21/16 02:05 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105