Now that the forum is functioning I thought I'd start a couple of "focused" discussion threads. The first one is "precision shooting".

To start, I have not historically been interested in ultra precise shooting. I spend a lot of time at the range, but until recently I wasn't particularly focused on "one hole" type shooting. I have zero bench rest, Palma, etc experience. Having said that, over the years I have owned some "tactical precision" oriented rifles. This has included a couple of Remington 700 Police with Leupold Mark 4s, a Remington 700 5R, etc. I've had quite a lot of "scoped" semi-autos such as M1As, HK91s, AR15s, etc.

As my interest in precision shooting increased last year I put this together ...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

It was a Daniel Defense Mk12 (5.56MM) with the following modifications ...

+ Geissele SSA-E Trigger Group
+ MagPul UBR Gen 2 Stock Assembly
+ SureFire 51T Brake
+ Metal Dust Cover
+ MagPul Enhanced Trigger Guard

Regardless of how much money I spent on this particular rifle I was never really happy with it. I sold it online about three weeks ago. I have other precision-oriented rigs I've been working on (which I will post about) but I wanted to start the discussion with this one.

Does anyone else here like precision shooting? It doesn't have to be "bench rest" or any specific discipline. I'd just like to discuss accuracy driven guns, gear, technology, ammo/reloading, your purpose for your accuracy oriented guns, what you use them for, etc.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.