Well the rifle is a bit too heavy for me if I am honest and the trigger is not quite as good as I like....using a moderator the rifle is quite able to be "lighter" and still not punishing on recoil....so I am having made up a lighter version using a Lawton barrel on a BAT single feed action put into a McMillan stock with a muzzle break and/or moderator as an option and a Jewel trigger added. The muzzle break will enable it to be used without the heat build up in the moderator which can cause a mirage "boil" effect through the high power scope which is detrimental on reading the wind condition for extreme range shooting. I expect to shave a lot of weight off this second rifle and have a list of buyers as long as my arm for the one above.

The round itself is a great one...but people have been building rifles for it as if doing a .50 type of rifle platform and the cartridge does'nt need this sort of weight. It is shooting a 350g bullet not a 709g bullet so the torque and recoil is a lot better. I also see no need for a magazine...shooting at 2000 yards plus means that every shot is "composed" and to be in a situation where you would need a mag feed ability is hard to see. Besides I have always single fed as quick as working a mag feed and it is more reliable than having a "jam" when stripping a round from the mag and I can tweak the bullets on seating depth without worries over the mag length
and clearance.

On rifles as poweful as these the recoil can move the rounds in the magazine and this in turn can cause hang ups when shooting very pointed monolithic solids. They are virtually needle like and can score the inner mag wall.

I have the second rifle nearly ready...it just needs a bedding job and some special forward rails done for Night Vision equipment to be fitted infront of the scope...the rail I had sent by McMillan is too narrow in diameter for the Lawton barrel and needs opening up...and then once this is done it just needs balancing with some lead in the stock for perfect "feel" and then it is off to be "coated" with an anti glare finish and that will be my "go to" rifle for any "private contractor" work. I will post some pic's when it is finished.

JYD #75