I have to admit I am interested in the knife but would be extremely interested in a 3/16 NMFBM in double cut and hand shaped black linen grips...not sure whether this is the post to go into detail in but I find now with a house full of knives that I go for the same ones when I go out to use them...the reason being partly how they perform and partly how I carry them.

Long knives at 12 inches I carry either in or strapped to my Bergan...8/9 inch knives I carry on a slant round the back of my webbing...longer than this and they catch on my arms when walking/running and so need a vertical carry...10 inch blades and above carried like this flap around and get in the way...belt knives I like a 4 or 5 inch blade...

So on this basis I tend to go for a NMFBM for my Bergan...I have them all including a KZ and this works by far the best...the KZ works better at chopping but you would need a lot of muscle to use it as a Machete...my Hossum Combat Machete works better in this role and it is those two I rotate....either the NMFBM or the Hossum...

Not sure therefore about the Bushwacker...won't know though unless I have one and depending on price I suspect I will go for a D/C version or if I have to Satin...thinning down a combat grade 3/16 thick blade to get a nice satin finish could take too much off it and at that thickness I don't think that would be a clever idea given it's length...although you might get lucky and just need one that requires a polish...it is sorting out deep grind lines which could thin it down a bit too far...

All told though I am not sure it will see a lot of use...my FBM LE combat satin and my DFLE see far less use than the others mentioned above.

Also...the Hossum I went with using is the larger CPM 154 Stainless...the S30V version I have kept as an investment...but the CPM154 steel works as well on edge retention as Infi...although it has a good Bos heat treatment...and for those who were asking for a 12 inch SY machete...give some thought to Dan using his CPM154 stock...it keeps an edge much better than SR77 in my experience. Especially I suspect on the thinner stock...

JYD #75