For those new Dogs who are considering the BWM or perhaps similar knives I thought I would give you some figures on alternatives from the secondary market to show how good "value for money" the CG BWM is...

Back in 2008 I paid $300 on the secondary market for a DFLE without a sheath.

In 2008 I also paid $370 for a mint Basic 9 with a factory kydex sheath.

Both of these have Res C handles and would undoubtably compare quite well as fast light weight choppers.

If you consider that you could probably score a BWM CG and a kydex sheath for just under $400 you are probably doing quite well as far as Busse's go.

The high mark up on the G10 handles has me stumped though...I quite fancied the orange/black G10 but at $85 that seems a lot more than good VFM to me...

It is the difference on cost on the handle materials which has had me "dithering" over which one to order...I think I will end up going for black linen micarta and either sage or tanker grey...the blade colour matters little as I will probably strip it and go for a ghetto satin/Double Cut look.

All told I have to say for such a good design this offering is a bit "sparse" on handle choices and even blade colours/finishes. Especially when the Tankbuster had SO many ???

JYD #75