I just did a changing of the Guard w/ my steel. I pulled the Yard Hook, and replaced it with my Ontario RAT7 (D2/combo), and pulled the Ontario RAT5 and replaced it with one of my Dumpster Mutts (got my Leatherface kydex sheath for it today). I figure that I don't want the recurve in a survival situation due to the pain the the @$$ sharpening issue, and the D2 RAT7 will stay sharp forever, and has serrations for cutting line/rope/cord whatever. And, since I got rid of my "heavy" knife, I figured that the DM would take care of prying duties since the RAT7 can do the cutting. I kept the CS Voyager for small cutting chores, and the CS Bushman for spear making. I pulled the big sharpening systems and went with a small diamond stone and a small arkansas stone - I no longer need the rod system of the Spyderco Sharpmaker since I pulled the Hook.

I'd definately be taking the Dogfather with me as I was running out the door, so that I have something for chopping and splitting - but I use it so much that I decided not to leave it in the bag. In case I forget, I also have an Ontario RTAK II and Ranger RD7 that are loose in my truck.

Choosing blades has been the hardest thing for me when setting up my bag. If any of my logic seems way off, someone, anyone, give me some pointers!!

JYD#9