I ordered a Sig 239 in 9mm as soon as they became available in 1996 I think and have been carrying it the longest. My body does not do well with inside the waistband so I used to carry it in a fanny pack until people started realizing that it was a gun. I still take it as my car gun on trips and in the colder months when I have an overgarment.

My house guns are Sig 226s. One a 9mm and one a .40.

I have been carrying a Kahr PM9 for 5 or 6 years now and I can't say enough about it. Mine has been totally reliable and I carry it as a pocket gun stoked with Win bonded 124 gr. +P bullets. I tried a Smith 642 and wanted to love the simplicity but apparently the bigger you get the smaller they make your pockets. The 642 is at least 1/2" longer and 1/2" taller than my PM9 so it doesn't fit as well in a pocket.

On really lightweight days I carry a Ruger LCP with CT laser. It also has never failed.

I hear a lot about Glocks and I actually recommend them to new owners that feel they fit their hand. I have nothing bad to say about them but my grip is so high that the slide cuts skin off the top of my hand and I am afraid one day it will slow down the slide enough it will jam. It also isn't much fun to train with due to the pain and blood.

I have seen a lot of Sigs shot in qualifications and training and I have seen exactly two failures. One was when there was no lubrication at all inside the gun, it had not been cleaned the previous year after qualification, and it had been shot that day approximately 50 rounds. The second one was when snow had been packed under and around the hammer. It took three hammer falls to move it out of the way and the gun fired fine after that.

I am currently exploring S&W M&Ps as they are lighweight, more ergonomic to me, and have a beavertail to prevent me from getting slide bite. I also just got a Ruger 1911 I am so far very pleased with. I don't think I will use it as a carry gun though. Just ran an old guy through a qualification during a stress fire stage...he pulled his Colt Commander and forgot to take off the safety and tried to pull the trigger at leats 3 times before he realized it. Seems he has carried a Sig for 20 years. I don't recommend going back and forth on action types, just MHO.

I have had lots of Ruger single actions and .44 revolvers but finally realized my deer season is only one week long here and that is a lot of money in guns that doesn't get used much. Sold/selling them off to get military rifles to shoot in Appleseed (www.rwva.org) which I highly recommend to all my friends and family as incredible inexpensive (free to women and youth) rifle marksmanship training.

Be prepared.......It is more than a motto it is a way of life. JYD #41, "MesserHund"