After reading through some of the posts on the new knife, I saw the post that stated the knife was 1" from spine to edge. Based on my experience with the knives that I own, 1" is very short. My knives (including folders,) range from 1 3/8" to 1 3/4" at their thickest.

I suppose my question to the more seasoned knife users is what a thinner blade like this will be useful for? What applications do you intend on using your WD for?

It seems to me like it is a mix between a stealthy killer and a bushcraft knife.

This is the reason why I haven't jumped on this knife, the blade shape and handles look great, but in my opinion the dimensions are off. The blade is too thick for its width (too short). I think in many applications the spine would hit the edge before the cut is complete. But I know this knife wasn't designed for the kitchen or bush, it was designed as an all around beater! I'd jump on this so quick if it was 1-2 years ago, but I have enough indestructible SY knives, and I'm more into thinner knives these days. But dogs are loyal and I'm still a SY guy at heart, so I'll wait patiently for thinner knife, hopefully with SS4 style blade and new handles. If it came in 154CM, it'd be my official kitchen/bush/bbq/beater knife!

Last edited by MRpink; 05/31/11 03:47 AM.

JYD #56 Scrap Yard Sword Club #00