You folks here have answered my question, not about bugging in or out but about being prepared. I have wondered what many of the folks here think concerning the state of our country? I was also wondering are these folks knife collectors or people who feel they need the tools to survive in an event they have no control over? Its nice to know like minded people are preparing for possible hard times. As for bugging out or in, I would stay put and have the food and water on hand that would get you by for a few months. Be very mindful on who you talk to concerning these topics. When I bring up this conversation concerning the possible collapse of our monetary system at work people look at me like on some kind of conspiracy nut. I'm not sure why many people just choose to ignore what is happening but I have chosen to have a plan in the event the crap hits the fan. I don't want to be in wally world when people make a mad rush to get the last loaf of bread.

History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is. (Thomas Jefferson)