FWIW, I've had a 10/22 for a few years set up in a variety of configurations, including the BC folding stock. To me, the folder was nice, but was for putting in compact area "hiding spot" in cars, packs and such. While you can shoot it folded, it is not he best, and since about all you will do is hip shots in such a configuration, the practicality of the folder is that it is for storing and not for shooting. Oh yeah, I run a TacSol extended mag release and while it fit with this stock, the pistol grip made using it a bit tricky at times.

I live in God's country (CO) and we shoot 365. The wire on the cheek in winter can be a bit uncomfortable, but there is a small plastic housing that covers that...kind of. Cheek-weld was surprising not an issue (for me).

What was surprising was the weight of the stock...I'd say it felt noticeably heavier than the factory (never weighed them to be sure). Can't speak to accuracy issues as I never really scoped it with the folder as (to me) combining those two options seem counter-intuitive. I will say that with irons, I didn't notice a difference.

Long story short, I ditched it to put the Hougue (sp?) overmold stock on it and am pleased with that decision as it is lighter and more quiet (two things important to me), and more comfortable to shoot 365 from a bench or off-hand YMMV of course.

As far as ammo, look at Federal Auto Match, good spot between quality (accuracy and reliability) and price. At wally world they go for like $16 or so a brick of 375 (i think).

I will say this, more important that any of the above is finding fully functioning magazines!!!! I have tried a bunch and on this, each rifle can be very, very different. I have a few BC 25rnd mags that work great and some that need forward/upward pressure to function reliably. My rifle hates the factory rotary mags (10rd) and I have yet to try the new factory 15rnders. Anyway, before you buy any scope, bi-pod, laser, whatever, find mags that function 100% or your time with that gun will be very frustrating.