Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 76 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 75 76
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: legaleagle] #1024389 06/18/15 08:57 PM
banana-clip Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by legaleagle
I can stand the "two weeks" time game, it is the total absence of communication I find insulting. Yes, PK did get some second hand knowledge from blade, but I don't care how busy Dan is, take 3 minutes and post a heads up- just rude now.

I'm sure he is super busy with all those military over run orders rolleyes

JYD #85
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Dumpster Dan] #1024393 06/19/15 02:44 AM
A
Anton Beukes Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
A
I sold my 1111 and 911 due to the handles being to small ( made for x-small hands to be honest). I do not have a chopper at the moment. I'm waiting for the new release but almost pulled the trigger a few times on the condor warlock. I will wait another 2 weeks, hopefully someting will happen soon smile

Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Andy the Aussie] #1024394 06/19/15 02:46 AM
A
Anton Beukes Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
A
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie
I just don't get the angst guys, I don't, how many here NEED another knife (lets remove want from the picture)?? I do think a messgae from Dan would go a long way to helping calm things but I just don't understand getting all wound up about it. No one has any $$s in the game and the reality is that once a new blade is announced half the folks here will not like it in the configuration offered, too thick, too thin, too long, too short, I want it in hot pink but not before I get a lime green one. We had a situation where knives were offered in a "shop environment" and the relaity is that has probably not worked for Busse. If it had, the status quo would have remained, and the reality is that if it is not sustainable for the company it is not going to continue.

Well said and so very true! Sometimes we get upset about nothing.

Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Andy the Aussie] #1024396 06/19/15 04:57 AM
A
adnj Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
A
I don't need another knife but they sure are purty! That said, it's time to upgrade a few cordless tools. So there goes the knife budget again!

I just don't get the angst guys, I don't, how many here NEED another knife (lets remove want from the picture)?? I do think a messgae from Dan would go a long way to helping calm things but I just don't understand getting all wound up about it. No one has any $$s in the game and the reality is that once a new blade is announced half the folks here will not like it in the configuration offered, too thick, too thin, too long, too short, I want it in hot pink but not before I get a lime green one. We had a situation where knives were offered in a "shop environment" and the relaity is that has probably not worked for Busse. If it had, the status quo would have remained, and the reality is that if it is not sustainable for the company it is not going to continue.

Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Andy the Aussie] #1024413 06/19/15 11:46 AM
E
evltcat Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
E

It's Marketing 101 Andy. Managing customer expectations... When you set customers' expectations about a product, then fail to deliver (or give status updates), they get upset, and sometimes completely irrationally upset!

And yes, you're right, I don't need this new knife from the Yard, but I do WANT to know what it is and when it will be available! wink

JYD#192 - Just proves Cats and Dogs can have an uneasy truce! smile
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Andy the Aussie] #1024418 06/19/15 04:47 PM
D
Doc Offline
Pooch
Pooch
D

I don't have any angst or upset at all. If I need a blade and there is none here, my money goes elsewhere. I am sure I will buy more SY knives in the future. I still just don't understand the business model. Definitely a big fan, and will buy more.

Doc

Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Dumpster Dan] #1024419 06/19/15 05:46 PM
Johnny Mack Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
As soon as the next knife gets here, the long wait will be forgotten.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?"

JYD "184"

Psalms 46:10

USAF 507th TAIRCW SHAW AFB SC (1984-1990)
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Dumpster Dan] #1024424 06/20/15 01:45 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
YUP, what he said ^^

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: SkunkHunter] #1024431 06/20/15 07:23 AM
Private Klink Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I would be happy to just hear from Dan! whistle

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Private Klink] #1024440 06/20/15 12:05 PM
C
Cashmore Offline
Pound Puppy
Pound Puppy
C
I think the problem is that the whole profile created by the Busse Knife Company groups is that the customers are "family and friends". They encourage a sense of group, loyalty, and camaraderie that goes far beyond the rationality of a purchase, and again borders on associating the companies with your personal life (as friend / family).

In that sense it is very much so understandable the frustration of many people as they feel "betrayed". It's not exactly fair to ask people to be your best friend part of the time and then treat you as just another company with who you do business when convenient. I mean, in reality, the lynch pin of the company's success is people purchasing not out of need, but out of want.

Heck, if the customers did that Busse would in no way, shape or form be as successful as it is today.

Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Cashmore] #1024441 06/20/15 12:45 PM
Jroden5446 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Cashmore
I think the problem is that the whole profile created by the Busse Knife Company groups is that the customers are "family and friends". They encourage a sense of group, loyalty, and camaraderie that goes far beyond the rationality of a purchase, and again borders on associating the companies with your personal life (as friend / family).

In that sense it is very much so understandable the frustration of many people as they feel "betrayed". It's not exactly fair to ask people to be your best friend part of the time and then treat you as just another company with who you do business when convenient. I mean, in reality, the lynch pin of the company's success is people purchasing not out of need, but out of want.

Heck, if the customers did that Busse would in no way, shape or form be as successful as it is today.

Very, very well said Cashmore.

JYD#107/JorDog. BAD WOLF
Re: Next Offering Hint, Under The New Old Model [Re: Dumpster Dan] #1024443 06/20/15 05:16 PM
Ishikawa Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
^^^ Agreed, well put.

JYD #121
The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what you want most in life for what you want at the moment.
Page 64 of 76 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 75 76