Print Thread
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Private Klink] #752981 04/27/13 04:03 PM
KENKEN Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Private Klink
WOW K2! shocked I need to shop in your neck of the woods! grin

Trust me you don't. AR15s and 30 round mags are illegal since the beginning of the mouth...

JYD #84 This is my rifle, and that is my SHTF Busse knife.
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: KENKEN] #752995 04/27/13 07:39 PM
Private Klink Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I don't have an AR15 anyway. smile

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Private Klink] #752998 04/27/13 07:52 PM
KENKEN Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Private Klink
I don't have an AR15 anyway. smile

Get one before they ban it! It is an awesome platform. grin

JYD #84 This is my rifle, and that is my SHTF Busse knife.
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Horn Dog] #753110 04/28/13 08:01 AM
Hobbes Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
They're lots of fun. Everyone needs at least one AR.

JYD #143
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Horn Dog] #753450 04/30/13 07:11 PM
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
A response from "my" Senator Tim Kaine. If he's yours too, you might consider this response:

Dear Mr. Harman:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on proposals to reduce gun violence. I would like to provide some additional information on this important issue.

No one can deny that gun violence is a serious problem in this country today. We owe it to the victims of the growing number of mass shootings to vigorously debate specific and comprehensive proposals that can keep our communities safer. The right approach focuses on many issues - improvements to the mental health system, better security protocols and common sense rules about gun use, including keeping firearms out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

On the sixth anniversary of the horrible shootings at Virginia Tech, I took to the Senate floor to remember the 32 Hokies who lost their lives. The tragedy happened after a dangerous young man illegally purchased weapons due to flaws in the background records check system. I was pleased to cast my vote on April 17, 2013, in support of S. 649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act legislation, which included tougher laws on gun trafficking and straw purchases, and ways to improve safety in schools. I also voted in support of a bipartisan proposal to expand background checks on gun laws, but unfortunately a filibuster of this measure prevented it from passing. I also voted for a ban on large-capacity magazines, and for a proposal to ban combat-style weapons. I am disappointed a minority of the Senate chose to use the filibuster to block common-sense reforms.

As your U.S. Senator, I will continue to work to bring that kind of comprehensive approach that will strengthen the safety of our communities, while protecting our Second Amendment rights. As a gun owner who worked with others to constitutionally guarantee Virginians the right to hunt, I know that you can be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment without tolerating the gun tragedies that are too often a part of our daily lives.

Thank you once again for contacting me.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Horn Dog] #753453 04/30/13 07:32 PM
Hobbes Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Sounds like he needs to be replaced in the next election.

JYD #143
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Hobbes] #753459 04/30/13 10:51 PM
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
In case anyone was interested, I'll not be buying anything GE again:

GE Capital Cuts Funding to Gun Stores

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

- George Washington
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: DogTired] #753460 04/30/13 11:42 PM
wrxguyusa Offline
Mongrel
Mongrel
Originally Posted by DogTired
A response from "my" Senator Tim Kaine. If he's yours too, you might consider this response:

I am not at all surprised. At least you got a response from Sen Kaine. I sent them both emails and only Sen Warner sent me this:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on legislative efforts to reduce gun violence in the United States.

On December 14, 2012, 20 innocent children and six adults lost their lives in one of the worst, most tragic shootings to ever occur in the United States. As a parent of three daughters, this was the ultimate nightmare. Like the Virginia Tech and Columbine shootings, this tragedy unfolded in what was once regarded as a safe haven free of crime and violence: a school.

During the Senate's recent consideration of the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 (S. 649), I was very disappointed that we could not reach the necessary 60 votes for passage of a reasonable, bipartisan amendment to strengthen background checks. This compromise legislation put forward by Senators Manchin and Toomey would have closed the gun show loophole and prohibited the commercial sale of guns to those who are seriously mentally ill or have a criminal record while also upholding Second Amendment rights. Furthermore, its failure, which occurred one day after the sixth anniversary of the Virginia Tech tragedy, jeopardizes passage of the underlying gun safety bill, which includes our bipartisan CAMPUS Safety Act.

There was also significant debate over proposals to ban certain types of weapons and magazines. I voted against these bans because, after talking to numerous experts, I believe the most effective thing we can do to reduce gun-related violence and keep guns out of the hands of those prohibited by law from possessing them is to pass a strong background check law.

Moving forward, I believe that the Senate should continue to work to pass effective measures that will help to keep our children and communities safe. These include broadening background checks for gun purchases, making improvements to our mental health system so we can provide help to those with dangerous mental illnesses before it is too late, as well as measures to prevent gun trafficking, ensure all appropriate records are submitted into the background check database, and improve school and campus safety.

Warner is at least still opposing bans and his history prior to this has been good. I think with the right encouragement he would vote to uphold gun rights.

Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: wrxguyusa] #753461 04/30/13 11:50 PM
Private Klink Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Picked up three boxes of .223 at Wal-Mart today, but no .22 or .44 ammo.

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Horn Dog] #753486 05/01/13 07:25 AM
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I dunno wrxguyusa, I got that same response from Warners office too...the day after he voted in favor of the latest congressional efforts to punish law abiding citizens for criminals actions.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

- Benjamin Franklin

- George Washington
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Horn Dog] #753512 05/01/13 09:44 AM
M
Mastiff Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
M
Libs poo-poo the NRA proposal to put armed guards or allowing armed teachers in our schools. But they think nothing of armed bank guards, armed guards and metal detectors in all federal/state buildings, and paying for a host of personal armed guards details for government officials.

Should I deduce that they value their money, judges and politicians more that their own kids?

Don’t those same politicians see the run on ammo and firearms from the American people? Does that seem like behavior of a society that is in favor of more gun control or less?

They didn’t listen to the vast majority of Americans that said “NO” to bank and auto bail-outs. Apparently we were too stupid to understand the ramifications of not giving billions to financially irresponsible institutions with little to no oversight. Turns out we knew better than they did.

Now, apparently we Americans are also too stupid to believe that the Constitution of the United States is the true law of this great country. These idiots that can’t even come up with a budget in what is it now, 3 or 4 years, now feel that they are responsible to protect us from criminal by passing laws that restrict our Constitutionally guaranteed rights. Criminals aren’t shaking in there sneakers (if they are, it’s from laughter), but knowledgeable law abiding citizens better tighten their laces before their boots come off.

We need to vote these bums out.

Remember this: Everytime I blink, you disappear.
Re: My Gun Shop? [Re: Horn Dog] #753538 05/01/13 08:43 PM
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
amen!

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

- Benjamin Franklin

- George Washington
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35