Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: coyotebc] #914206 03/05/14 10:04 AM
G
gunfixrjoe Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
G
Originally Posted by coyotebc
I guess I am in the minority here
It seems to me that every time Dan tries to do something nice for the JYD's we get an influx on new posters
These guys tend to post one or two word posts or nonsense just to hit 1,000 posts, then they get what they want and disappear

I do think that ideas like knife council, or priority shipping are good ideas, as is the ability to purchase certain swag items like JYD cards

I just don't want to see the JYD status turned into an advantage for re-sellers that are only interested in maximizing their profits from selling JYD variants

I definitely seem to be one of the people you speak of. I do wish I had more time to post here, but I usually just have time to lurk, or even more often, just have nothing to say or add to a conversation. However, I'm one of the biggest fans of Scrapyard. I work closely with our combat forces, and encourage them to look into Bussekin daily. I also EDC a variety of Bussekin, primarily Scrapyard. My point it this, just because I don't have an extremely high daily post count, why should that exclude me from anything special. I'm not trying to stir anything up, just want people to understand that its not all about the forum posting, its about the knives and the use that they get.

This is the coolest forum on the web and it represents the finest knives on the planet, imho. Personally, out of all the things suggested in this thread, the Test Team interests me the most. Hell, I'd do it just for the fun of it. Beat it, review it, return it. I wouldn't even need anything in return.

Sorry for the rant.........

JYD#149

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914207 03/05/14 10:20 AM
Ray Settanta Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Well, having a JYD number has not meant having access to special knives or prices for a long time. The Mud Mutt and sheath was offered at a special price to everyone. No JYD number was required.

JYD #182
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914208 03/05/14 10:24 AM
Spider-Pig Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Offer whatever bennies to the JYDs that actively contribute and give us posers nothing. Problem solved.

USMC 1997-2002. 6173 CH-53D Sea Stallion Helicopter Crew Chief and Flightline Mechanic. Semper Fi!

"Be still, Taggart!"
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: gunfixrjoe] #914217 03/05/14 12:21 PM
t1m0 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by gunfixrjoe
Originally Posted by coyotebc
I guess I am in the minority here
It seems to me that every time Dan tries to do something nice for the JYD's we get an influx on new posters
These guys tend to post one or two word posts or nonsense just to hit 1,000 posts, then they get what they want and disappear

I do think that ideas like knife council, or priority shipping are good ideas, as is the ability to purchase certain swag items like JYD cards

I just don't want to see the JYD status turned into an advantage for re-sellers that are only interested in maximizing their profits from selling JYD variants

I definitely seem to be one of the people you speak of. I do wish I had more time to post here, but I usually just have time to lurk, or even more often, just have nothing to say or add to a conversation. However, I'm one of the biggest fans of Scrapyard. I work closely with our combat forces, and encourage them to look into Bussekin daily. I also EDC a variety of Bussekin, primarily Scrapyard. My point it this, just because I don't have an extremely high daily post count, why should that exclude me from anything special. I'm not trying to stir anything up, just want people to understand that its not all about the forum posting, its about the knives and the use that they get.

This is the coolest forum on the web and it represents the finest knives on the planet, imho. Personally, out of all the things suggested in this thread, the Test Team interests me the most. Hell, I'd do it just for the fun of it. Beat it, review it, return it. I wouldn't even need anything in return.

Sorry for the rant.........

This is what makes this "problem" so difficult. I think Bill is speaking about those guys who just write a 1000 posts and then dissapear and when ever there is some use of being a JYD they take advantage of that and dissapear again.

You are still here. You havenīt gone anywhere. That makes a difference.

I donīt like writing this and I feel bad. Who am I to tell people how to make their appearance here and what to write? Iīm nobody.

Long live the brotherhood of the yard!

JYD #134 "Well opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one." - Clint Eastwood
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914219 03/05/14 12:40 PM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I of course don't know Bill's mind, but I think he was referring to those that attain JYD states ONLY to get a lot of knives and then "Flip" for an outrageous profit.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914225 03/05/14 01:25 PM
T
tbdoc4kids Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
T
I don't think there is any way to avoid some "gaming" of the system and while it may be annoying, the advantages to special status or offerings for JYDs outweighs that annoyance for me.

JYD #162
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914230 03/05/14 05:18 PM
Ishikawa Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
The point, as i see it, is that to be a real JYD...it has nothing to do with # of posts. That is just a milestone that someone came up with to provide some quantifiable measure for determining a status. It was, and is arbitrary.

As an example. Tom is JYD #1. Now, Tom is a great guy, and I don't think many here could argue differently. He's fair and welcoming and charming with the ladies. However, just because he has posted more than 1k posts has nothing to do with why people appreciate and/or respect him. They are mutually exclusive events.

So, draw a line. JYD is just a post status. This is a forum, and most forums place status / value on # of posts...because there is no other way to quantify the relationship. Thus, we should be careful when drawing comparisons of JYD as it relates to being proud of being a ScrapYard Fan and a part of this local online community.

JYD #121
The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what you want most in life for what you want at the moment.
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914233 03/05/14 07:56 PM
Y
yesh Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Y
This thread is starting to feel like we are discussing politics..... frown

Junk Yard Dog #152 - Woof!
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: Dumpster Dan] #914234 03/05/14 08:23 PM
G
gunfixrjoe Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
G
I apologize if I took statements wrong and vented on it slightly..........

JYD#149

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: gunfixrjoe] #914235 03/05/14 09:27 PM
luck Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by A_Fond_Farewell

I thought it was supposed to be a fun thing...maybe I'm wrong frown Maybe we should all just party drink

JYD #150

meluckpup
Re: HELP Junk Yard Program [Re: yesh] #914236 03/05/14 09:55 PM
Ishikawa Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by A_Fond_Farewell

I feel like I've added to that. My apologies. I was just trying to say it's deeper than the post count, in my mind....it's a brotherhood. With that I will digress and get back on track.

I like most of the ideas posted thus far. It's good to see everyone coming up with unique ideas on how we can best participate in the future of the company.

Thanks again, Dan!

JYD #121
The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what you want most in life for what you want at the moment.
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14