Well thanks for the advice, its not actually as bad as it looks just my camera is really bad >.< on the side of Good news a very generous dog offered to fix it so its going to be sent to him. We learn through our mistakes and I have learned something very important from this Mr. SOD does not like MS. Bench grinder. I also learned even though it takes a lot longer to do it by hand its worth it.

For what its worth when I was a kid, 10 to be exact, I thought it would be cool to sharpen a hunting knife on a bench grinder. I still have the marks of the knife getting away from me and the stone taking the skin off of two knuckles, the blade went down between the shield and the stone...now that was a lot of sparks. I remember it like a fourth of July celebration. By the time I got the grinder unplugged my blade had marks all over it like a city street map of downtown Chicago and on the top edge was this long groove the size of lake Michigan...yep good memories. There is never a dumb question and your new found friends in the Yard are always available for feedback.

Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard

Dan

Man, I am glad that I am not the only one that learned that way. I carry more than a few scars from "mishaps".

Boots, I am waiting to see what it looks like when you, or the generous dog, gets the blade profiled a little better/in line. I bet it will look great!

Men you can't trust, women you can't trust, beasts you can't trust, but Bussekin steel you can trust